Super Bowl Sunday is a great time to get together with friends and family, indulge in all the fantastic football foods you love, and kick back, relax, and watch the big game and all the funny commercials. Even if you aren’t a football fan you can still have a great time socializing with the ones you love during the Super Bowl. Consider these ideas for cool traditions and other fun things you can do during or in lieu of a Super Bowl party.
No matter if you are spending the day with friends or family, consider these ideas for Super Bowl alternatives or related activities you can enjoy on the big day of football:
• Play your own game of backyard football! For many people this year, it may be a very strenuous game of “snow football,” which may be better yet since the snow can make tackling your opponent less dangerous.
• Have your own playful bet on the outcome of the game. The winner with the closest predicted score goes home with a case of beer, a bottle of booze, or a few dollars from each participant.
• Keep a running tally of the best commercials. Then, after the game, compare your choices online with all the confirmed fan favorites.
• Set up a card table off to the side. Anyone who isn’t interested in the game can play poker, blackjack, or Go Fish.
• Go out to a bar or restaurant to enjoy the game. Instead of planning a Super Bowl party or watching the game at your house, go to your favorite sports bar and enjoy the festivities on the big screen.
• Watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. Who doesn’t love adorable, scrambling puppies that play together on TV? Don’t miss this annual classic on the day of the big game! (Or have your own puppy bowl by inviting a few friends and their dogs or puppies!)
These are just a few ideas for things you can do on Super Bowl Sunday in addition or in lieu of watching the game at your home. What other ideas can you think of?