Making vacation plans over a three-day weekend, like President’s weekend, can help you to extend your trip while taking advantage of a free vacation day in many cases. Long weekends away can be great for recharging your batteries, relaxing, or even doing something more adventurous on impulse. If you are looking for a last-minute President’s Day weekend getaway, just give yourself some time to consider the options and you should be able to put together a long weekend trip in no time.
Here are a few ideas for things you can do over President’s weekend for a special long weekend getaway.
• Find availability on a last-minute cruise with accommodations still open. You can often get a rock-bottom deal when you purchase open inventory on a cruise ship shortly before the departure dates.
• Head off to a bed and breakfast in a unique area for something new and different to do. You can relax the day away, check out local wineries, shopping, arts, and culture.
• Find a quiet mountain retreat where you can hide away with the one you love. Consider a log cabin, house on a lake, or resort community in the mountains (like the Poconos).
• Follow your sporting team for an away game that weekend. If you like hockey or basketball, you should be able to find a fun away game to enjoy at a unique location.
• Go away for a weekend to play in the snow. In many parts of the country, February offers countless skiing options, as well as snowmobiling, snow tubing, ice skating, and so many other winter activities. Embrace the winter season!
These are just a few ideas to give you some inspiration for fantastic President’s Day weekend getaways that you can enjoy with your sweetheart, other couples, or even with your family, depending on what you decide to do. Planning a President’s weekend getaway at the last minute can still work out great as long as you have a budget and travel dates in mind. Have fun!