Romantic weekend escapes can help us take a break from reality and focus on what really matters – our romantic relationships. A romantic escape planned over the weekend or over a long weekend can be just what the doctor ordered to reduce stress levels and rekindle the flame of your marriage or relationship. No matter where you live in the world, you can find dozens of romantic weekend escapes to enjoy with your significant other. Even if cost is a concern, you can still plan a romantic escape on a budget.
Couples should take the time to enjoy romantic weekend escapes as often as possible, but at the very least, once every other month or so. Consider these ideas for romantic weekend escapes you can enjoy near your home or after a short drive or a quick flight.
Top 10 Romantic Weekend Escapes
Check out these suggestions for romantic weekend escapes you can plan on any budget.
1. Escape to a mountain retreat. No matter what the weather, a romantic weekend escape to the mountains can be an unforgettable trip you’ll both enjoy. Even if you stay snuggled inside your cabin next to a roaring fire, things couldn’t be more perfect.
2. Hide away in a beach bungalow. Who doesn’t love the beach? From the flawless sunset to the crashing waves, enjoyable beachside attractions, and excellent restaurants, you’ll run out of weekend before you run out of things to do together.
3. Sail away on a cruise (or a houseboat!). Depending on how close you live to the departure port, you can enjoy romantic weekend escapes to several destinations when you plan a cruise. Extend your trip into a long weekend escape for an even more memorable experience.
4. Catch a flight to your closest tropical island. Sometimes it is possible to get to a wonderfully romantic, tropical destination in under two or three hours by air. This is almost a no-brainer! Consider jetting off to the Bahamas, Bermuda, or another Caribbean destination for one of your romantic weekend escapes if it’s within your budget.
5. Spend a romantic weekend in your nearest “big city.” If you live within a reasonable drive or train ride of New York City, this kind of romantic weekend escape is a fast favorite. Even in Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Boston, Chicago, and others, you can find just about every type of cuisine, shopping, and activity to enjoy with your loved one. Book a hotel room and enjoy your weekend!
Keep Reading: 6. Sneak off to…