6. Sneak off to a secluded cottage or bed and breakfast. Romantic weekend escapes don’t always need to have a special theme or purpose. Simply escape from your normal life and relax the weekend away with your spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend.
7. Dash off on a romantic ski weekend. Become two lovable snow bunnies whether you hit the slopes or relax in the ski lodge. Bundle up, get a little exercise, and enjoy a fun winter activity together.
8. Treat yourselves to a golf and spa getaway. Even the most intimate relationship can benefit from a little bit of alone time followed by blissful togetherness. Spend time doing what you love – shopping or indulging at the spa – while your man gets his golf game on.
9. Rough it with your love at a rustic campsite. Nothing says love like romantic weekend escapes in the woods or the wilderness where you are entirely vulnerable to each other. You may wear the same clothes for much of the weekend and showering could get a little interesting, but imagine all the fun you’ll have cooking over an open fire and snuggling up with a bottle of wine at night.
10. Experience new sights or activities together, like a natural or historic landmark. Romantic weekend escapes don’t always have to be at a romantic resort or special accommodations. You can plan your weekend away with more focus on the activities you will be doing. Experiencing something new together can be especially romantic as well.
These are our top 10 romantic weekend escapes for couples on any budget. Whether you stay local or travel somewhere a bit farther away for a long weekend, like the Caribbean, you should be able to relax and enjoy time alone with your significant other throughout the weekend. From luxury to roughing it, you can tailor your special weekend as an escape from reality any way you like it. If you have more suggestions for romantic weekend escapes to enjoy with your significant other, please share them in our comments below.