Forget the tired ties and aftershave. Get Dad a gift that he’s sure to love. Usually the best Father’s Day gifts are the ones that come from the heart. Consider your dad’s favorite things as you think about the best Father’s Day presents you could possibly give to show your love and appreciation for your pops. Here are a few suggestions for Father’s Day gifts to give your dad this year.
Best Father’s Day Gifts for the Outdoorsman
Lots of fathers enjoy time outside, whether hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, playing sports, or another outdoor activity. Consider these best gifts for Father’s Day for the athletic or outdoorsman type dad.
– Camping Gear – a new tent, fancy lanterns, cool camping gadgets, camping cooler, camping utensils, and more
– Hunting Gear – new camouflage gear, hats and gloves, animal calls, targets, arrows or bullets, or a gift certificate to his favorite hunting shop
– Sports Equipment – a new football, baseball glove, soccer ball, volleyball, workout clothing, runner’s watch, new running shoes, hockey stick, rollerblades, ice skates, or any number of other cool sporting goods
Best Father’s Day Gifts for the Techie Dad
Tech savvy dads will love gifts of gadgets and electronics above most else. Consider these suggestions for best gift ideas for techie dads.
– Digital Camera or Video Camera – consider some of the top models in digital cameras and digital video cameras, including Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20K 14.1 MP Digital Camera, Canon PowerShot A3000IS 10 MP Digital Camera, Flip UltraHD Video Camera, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V 10.2MP, Canon PowerShot ELPH, or Canon SX30IS 14.1MP Digital Camera.
– GPS System – consider the wildly popular Garmin nüvi devices, TomTom XXL, and even the GPS watches like Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor.
– Kindle Reading Device – help dad read inside or outside with ease using Amazon’s Kindle, a bestseller on Amazon.com.
– Mobile Phone – upgrade Dad’s cell phone with a cool new Android device!
– Video Game System or Blu-ray / DVD Player – What Dad doesn’t love video games and movies? Consider getting Dad a Roku XDS Streaming Player so he can watch movies on TV, streamed from the Internet. You might also like the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player, or LG BD670 3D Wireless Network Blu-ray Disc Player with Smart TV. A Coby TFDVD7009 7-Inch Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player is another fun option for Dad!
Best Father’s Day Gifts for the Foodie Dad
Dads who love food are sure to appreciate any number of the best Father’s Day gifts you can think of related to sweets and treats, gourmet food, cool cooking gadgets or small kitchen appliances, and even gift cards to Dad’s favorite restaurant. Here are a few ideas for presents you can buy for the foodie dad.
– Sweets and Treats – chocolate covered pretzels, Italian butter coo
kies, cheesecake, homemade cookies, chocolate chip cookies, donuts and Danish, candies or chocolates
– Snack Gift Sets – gift sets of assorted nuts, gourmet popcorn, gift basket of salty snacks, beef jerky, or other fun snacks for Dad
– Small Kitchen Appliances – fun gifts for the dad who likes to cook, such as quesadilla maker, popcorn popper, ice cream maker, deep fryer, sandwich press, George Foreman grill, Belgian waffle iron, breakfast sandwich toaster, or other fun kitchen gadgets
– Gourmet Food Clubs – get Dad a membership to a gourmet food club that he would love, like hot sauce of the month, jam or jelly of the month, cookie of the month, fruit of the month, spice of the month, and so many others
– Gift Cards to Restaurants – pick Dad’s favorite place and set him up for a free meal. Consider steakhouses, Brazilian Barbecue restaurants, seafood places, buffet style restaurants, and others
Best Father’s Day Gifts for the Traveler
Gifts for dads who enjoy traveling are available across a wide spectrum. Here are a few ideas for the best travel themed gifts.
– Travel Pillow – find a nice travel pillow for Dad so he can sleep on the plane!
– Gift Certificates for Travel – consider airline gift cards, hotel stays, cruises, bed and breakfast stays, and more
Best Father’s Day Gifts for Any Dad
Sometimes it seems like Dad has everything. Other times it may seem completely impossible to shop for him for one reason or another. Sometimes the gift of experience can be the best gift of all, as long as you are able to spend time with your dad. Consider these ideas for the best Father’s Day gifts of experience.
– Brewery Tour – Take Dad on a tour and tasting for a nearby brewery. You can also check for distilleries and wineries, depending on your dad’s tastes.
– Fishing Trip – Rent a boat or get on a charter or party boat and take Dad out to catch Big Charlie.
– Tee Time – Take your dad out for some chip ‘n putt, miniature golf, or even a few rounds at your local golf course.
These are just a few suggestions for the best Father’s Day gifts you should consider for your Dad based on his particular interests and hobbies. If you have other ideas for great gifts for dads, for Father’s Day or even Christmas, birthday, or another holiday, please leave your suggestions in our comments below.