If someone near and dear to you recently got engaged, now might be a good time to start thinking about great engagement gift ideas. Depending on how close you are to the couple, you can choose a sweet and sentimental gift, a thoughtful but modest gift, or an all-out amazing engagement gift. Usually engagement gifts are optional as in you won’t always be required to bring a gift with you if you attend an engagement party or meet up with the couple to celebrate following their engagement. However, if your best friend, sibling, or other close companion has gotten engaged, some fun and creative engagement gift ideas may be in store.
Before you get too far into thinking about the types of engagement gifts you would like to consider, first think about your budget and how much you would like to spend. You can usually find nice engagement gifts at all price points, depending on where you shop. Here are a number of sweet and memorable engagement gift ideas for any budget.
Engagement Gift Ideas for Any Budget
Consider these engagement gift ideas for the couple to enjoy together:
• Crystal or stainless steel ring holder
• Gift certificate for couples massage at a spa
• Special photo frame – engraved
• Monogrammed bath towels or blanket
• Photo album with a wedding or engagement theme
• Gift certificate for a restaurant
• Bottle of wine or champagne
• Gourmet chocolates
• Personalized gifts – holiday ornament or item with engraving
• Fondue set or other romantic item
• Relaxation gift basket
• Savings bond or cash
• Wine picnic set or other romantic adventure gift
• Vase or other specialty glassware
• Gift of experience – wine tasting, scuba lessons, etc.
These are just a few engagement gift ideas for you to consider for that special couple in your life. Remember that it’s the thought that counts, so even if you can’t find the perfect gift, be sure to at least pick up a card congratulating the couple on their engagement. You can also make them a customized video of congratulations if you won’t be able to be there in person. Engagement gifts are not always openly welcomed at engagement parties, so it may be best to do a little research before you make your purchase.
What other engagement gift ideas do you have? Please share them below in our comments.