Quotes for ‘moving on’ can sometimes help to put a bad breakup or a messy divorce into perspective. If you have a friend or close family member going through the tough end of a relationship, a sweet card with an inspirational quote, or even an uplifting quote about ‘moving on’ may help ease the pain. Moving on is never easy, and most often time is the only way to heal those wounds. There are simple things we can do to help ourselves or help others overcome the feelings of sadness and depression that ensue following the end of a relationship. Consider these ideas for getting over a breakup or divorce, especially related to uplifting quotes for ‘moving on.
Moving on and letting go can be one of the hardest things you ever have to do. Sometimes people in relationships have differences that just can’t be resolved on their own. If counseling isn’t an option, or doesn’t help, the only choice may be to break up or get a divorce. When this last resort is the only option, it can take a long time to recover from the heartache and grief of this type of loss. Here are some inspirational quotes about moving on and letting go to help soothe the pain.
Quotes about Holding onto the Good Times
In some cases, thinking about the good times and keeping the precious memories close can help. In some relationships, it may actually exacerbate the problem. These quotes are still uplifting so they should relate to most instances of letting go and moving on.
– “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” ~ Dr. Seuss
– “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” ~ Lord Alfred Tennyson
– “Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.” ~ Anonymous
Courage in Moving on Quotes
Oftentimes we find ourselves stuck in the same place because we are not brave enough to move on. We may not be courageous enough to start over, to break up, meet new people, enjoy another first kiss. Sometimes that little bit of courage is all we need to find something even better than ever before!
– “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
– “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” ~ Raymond Lindquist
– “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” ~ Len Santos
More Quotes for Moving On…
Quotes for Moving On
Quotes for moving on can sometimes help someone feel better in a tough situation. Write the quotes on a sticky note or pin them onto your mirror, inside your locker at school, or somewhere you will see them all the time until you are feeling better. Consider these quotes for moving on as a way to help you get past the bad times or to help a friend or family member get through a tough breakup.
– “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass… It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” ~ Vivian Greene
– “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” ~ Albert Einstein
– “This too shall pass.” ~ Ancient Proverb
Quotes about Letting Go
Letting go and moving on are often used synonymously, but if you think about it, they are really two different things. One can move on without letting go. On the other hand, if one has been successful in letting go, that may be all that is needed to successfully move on. Getting into a new relationship while you still have feelings for someone else – also known as being on the rebound – can make for another messy situation in your love life. But it can also help you to heal. Consider these quotes on letting go.
– “There’s no need to miss someone from your past – There’s a reason they didn’t make it to your future.” ~ Unknown
– “Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.” ~ Ann Landers
– “True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.” ~ Unknown
– “We need in love to practice only this: letting each other go. For holding on comes easily–we do not need to learn it.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
– “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” ~ Havelock Ellis
Quotes about New Beginnings
New beginnings are perhaps the best part of moving on. Even though it might not seem like it at first, things are going to get better with each new beginning. There is clearly a reason the current relationship ended or is ending, so be strong and look forward to what is to come.
– “Celebrate endings – for they precede new beginnings.” ~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie
– “Every exit is an entry somewhere.” ~ Tom Stoppard
– “One’s first love is always perfect until one meets one’s second love.” ~ Elizabeth Aston
– “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
– “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ~ Alexander Graham Bell
– “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~ C. S. Lewis
We hope these quotes for moving on and letting go have been helpful to you and those you love. Please feel free to share the link to this page as appropriate and also don’t hesitate to leave a comment below if you have other quotes about moving on or letting go to share.
Page: 1 2