Decorating for Halloween can be lots of fun whether you decorate by yourself or with the help of your entire family. You can do simple little Halloween decorations like window cutouts and clings or you can go all out by turning part of your home or garage into a haunted house. Consider these easy and cute ideas to dress up your home for Halloween!
Halloween decorations are available to suit any budget. You can do a few tasteful Halloween decorations for $10 – $20 or less, or you can spend quite a bit more for a spookier effect. Check out these Halloween decorating ideas for fall.
Halloween Decorations for the Windows
The simplest Halloween decorations of all may be the cardboard cutouts of bats, cats, jack-o-lanterns, mummies, witches, and other spooky ghouls. Your kids will fondly remember putting up their favorite Halloween decorations in the windows each year, so be sure to get a set of window clings or cutouts that will stand the test of time.
You can also decorate your windows with fake cobwebs and plastic spiders or spider rings if you like. You might even find adorable Halloween light sets, such as candy corn light strings or other fun Halloween window decorations.
Little Ghosts in the Trees
If you want a classy and simple way to decorate for Halloween without going overboard, consider this simple and stylish decorating tip for your trees.
Fishing line or thread
Ping pong balls
1. Wrap a hanky around a ping pong ball and secure with a twist tie. It should look like a little ghost.
2. Using a needle threaded with fishing line or thread, sew through the top of the ghost’s head and pull through enough line so you can tie the ghost from a tree branch.
3. Repeat to create as many ghosts as you like.
4. Take your ghosts outside and space them throughout your favorite trees. Tie them securely to various tree branches.
That’s it – this is a simple yet adorable way to decorate outside for Halloween.
Interior Halloween Decorations
If you’d like to decorate the inside of your house for Halloween, you can find quite a few cute and simple touches to add to your décor. Consider these ideas for interior Halloween decorations.
• Swap out your usual kitchen and bathroom hand towels for orange and black or Halloween themed towels.
• Set out Halloween and fall fragranced candles.
• Get a Halloween tree – a cute tabletop tree that has room for tiny Halloween decorations to hang from its branches.
• Carve a jack-o-lantern and set a tea light candle inside.
• Place a bunch of small gourds and pumpkins in a basket for a festive centerpiece.
• Consider a Halloween or fall themed throw rug to spice up a room or living area.
• Don’t forget the plastic pumpkins filled with candy!
What other ideas do you have for Halloween decorating inside or out? Share your tips and favorite suggestions below in our comments.