The holiday season is upon us and nearly everyone is scrambling to get that holiday shopping list scratched off completely. Many women, myself included, find that shopping for the men in our lives can be one of the tougher feats during the holiday season. It can be so tricky to find an appropriate – and appreciated – gift for your dad, brother, grandfather, and boyfriend or husband.
Sometimes you can get lucky with a guess. Other times you might spend hours scouring stores and the Internet for a perfect gift that just may not exist. Even taking the time to ask your recipient what they want can be a hit or miss situation. Thankfully, if you do decide to take a chance, many stores have a relatively decent return policy these days, allowing the gift recipient the right to return or exchange a gift that didn’t quite hit the mark.
I’ve been doing a lot of holiday shopping lately and I thought it might be helpful to share some of my favorite tips with you in case you are in the same boat. Here goes:
• For the businessman or guy who enjoys dressing well, consider a nice French cuff dress shirt, a pair of cufflinks, and engraved stainless steel collar stays. These gifts when paired together can make a snazzy gift, or you can choose just one item that fits your budget.
• For your dad, brother, cousin, or friend, consider mens casual shirts. These might range from polos and golf shirts to your basic t-shirt. You can find clever graphic tees to match your recipient’s personality or you can choose a casual shirt that is a step above a tee and a step below a polo shirt, perfect for summer outings.
• For the traveler, look for wrinkle-resistant clothing and convertible type pieces, such as khaki pants that unzip into shorts, rain jackets that unzip into a vest, and so forth.
• For the outdoorsman, look for cool outerwear like fleeces and jackets, hats and gloves, hiking boots, real wool socks, and the like. You can also find cool hunting and fishing gear and accessories for the sportsman.
• For the sports fan, check out the latest and greatest goods from your recipient’s favorite teams. Consider flannel pajama pants with the team’s logos, a hooded sweatshirt, a few new team t-shirts, or even a new jersey.
These are just a few ideas to get you started if you are planning to buy some clothing or accessories for the men in your life. What other ideas do you have? Please share them below in our comments to help all of our readers!