New Year’s Eve is one of those holidays where just about everyone hopes to have somewhere to go. If you are hosting your own New Year’s Eve party, some great end of the year party themes will be a great way to get your guests in the mood for a good time. Consider these New Year’s Eve party themes and ideas to kick off your party in style!
Before you choose your NYE party theme, keep your budget in mind as well as your guest list. Think about the friends and family members who are most likely to come. Does your party need to be kid friendly? Will you have a full house or just a few close pals? Once you know the expected dynamic, you can plan a more successful New Year’s Eve party theme.
Top New Year’s Eve Party Themes
Here are a few exciting NYE party themes to consider for your holiday shindig:
• Semi-Formal – Encourage your friends to dress up for the occasion!
• The Big Apple – Plan your NYE party as if you are really celebrating in Times Square.
• 80s Party – Get your pals to dress up in classic 80s getups and be sure to have an appropriate playlist for your iPod.
• Casino Night – Set up a few card tables and other fun games for your guests to enjoy.
• Bad Sweater Party – While typical for the holidays, you can certainly extend this one for New Year’s.
• Kegger – Break out all the beer games you enjoyed in college and be sure to keep it authentic with an actual keg of beer, or more if needed.
• Murder Mystery Party – Host a Clue Party or other live murder mystery party to enjoy with your guests.
• Fight Night – If there’s a fight or other sporting event on television, be sure to take advantage of the built-in party theme.
These are just a few ideas for New Year’s Eve party themes. What other ideas would you suggest for a New Year’s party? Be sure to share your suggestions in our comments below for all readers to consider.