The holidays are a great time to dress up from head to toe. Don’t forget to create your own special fingernail designs for Christmas and New Year’s to complete your stylish look. Your holiday manicures can be as simple or as complex as you like. You can do your own nails or go to your local nail salon with an idea you’d like them to try on your nails. Here are some tips to help you craft your own special fingernail designs for Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
Before you get started, be sure you have some gorgeous winter nail polish colors on hand. Choose a premium brand like OPI, nubar, Julep, Physician’s Formula, or another one of your favorites for a long-lasting manicure or pedicure that looks great and stays put.
Hot Fingernail Designs for Christmas
Check out these suggestions for pretty fingernail art designs you can try for the Christmas holiday:
• Try a basic manicure or pedicure with a holiday themed base color and a sparkly topcoat. Consider emerald green with silver or gold sparkles, blue with white or silver sparkles, or wine / red with gold glitter.
• Paint all your nails the same festive color. Then add a holly berry cluster or a delicate snowflake on a single nail (on each hand) to complete your look with an elegant twist.
• Paint your nails red or green. Next, apply the gold or silver shatter topcoat for an edgy but fun Christmas fingernail design motif.
• Try something a little casual but just as pretty. Look for Christmas nail decals or nail art stickers to dress up your manicure or pedicure. You can also look for holiday or winter themed Fimo nail art slices.
These are just a few suggestions for fun and festive fingernail art designs for Christmas. If you have other suggestions, please share in our comments below.
Sexy Fingernail Designs for New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Eve is one of those holidays where fashion meets fun in a big way. The perfect New Year’s outfit gains even better marks with a fun and festive New Year’s Eve manicure to match your style. Consider these tips for sexy fingernail designs for New Year’s Eve:
• Choose a nail polish color that complements your outfit, or even one that can be somewhat neutral like black or silver. Use a shatter coat (black, silver, gold, etc.) that will complement the overall look. Consider nail art combinations like purple and silver, dark blue and silver, green and gold, black and gold OR silver, etc.
• Go for a classic French manicure with a single rhinestone and decorative swirl or line on your ring finger.
• Keep it simple with an iridescent, solid nail color like a pearly aqua, sapphire, or purple polish. Check Five Below for a great selection of nail colors at rock bottom prices.
• Go all out and try water marbling on your nails. You can choose any color combination that you like. Because this is a somewhat involved process, it may be best to do your nails in the morning if you have an hour or two to set aside for your New Year’s manicure.
What other ideas do you have for New Year’s Eve fingernail designs? Please share them in our comments below. Happy Holidays everyone!