Wintertime is definitely one of those love-it-hate-it seasons. Some of us love it, some of us hate it, and some of us just plain love to hate it. Snow, ice, wintry mix, and freezing rain don’t exactly lend themselves to comfort. Thankfully, even with the cold weather, the darker days, and the unpredictable storm forecasts, it is still possible to enjoy the snowy season with the one you love. Consider these top 10 snowy date ideas to enjoy with your love.
Before you get started, consider whether you will be spending the day alone as a couple or potentially inviting other guests to join you. If you enjoy the winter weather now and then, you may enjoy a few fun and romantic things to do in the snow. Here are 10 snowy day date ideas to enjoy with your sweetheart:
1. Go skiing or snowboarding.
2. Stay inside bundled up under blankets, sipping hot chocolate and nibbling on cookies.
3. Warm up in front of the fireplace and watch a movie together or simply snuggle.
4. Make a snowman together.
5. Have a snowball fight to lighten the mood.
6. Go for a romantic hike in the snow and take pictures of all the pretty sights.
7. Try your luck with cross-country skiing to see if you enjoy it.
8. Visit a local winery or brewery as long as they are still open.
9. Once the snow stops falling, try to find a place to play some pond hockey if possible.
10. Start your date on a snowy day, but change your mind and take your sweetheart on a romantic, last-minute getaway somewhere warmer.
Now that you’ve seen our top 10 snowy date ideas to consider, be sure to choose the one that is the best fit for you and your significant other. If you have other fun or exciting winter date ideas, please share them in our comments below.