March 17 can be a fun day to spend with your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife. Planning a St. Patrick’s Day date can be easy as long as you and your sweetheart enjoy the same things. St. Patrick’s Day date ideas can be relatively simple to plan and they often don’t cost a lot of money either. This year St. Patty’s Day is on a Saturday, so it really is appropriate to make plans for date night. Consider these ideas for St. Patrick’s Day dates with the one you love.
Before you get started planning your St. Patty’s Day date, consider your budget as well as the weather and any other plans you and your sweetheart might like to make. This can help you to dress appropriately while keeping the date plans within your means. Here are some St. Patrick’s Day date ideas to consider.
Date Ideas for St. Patty’s Day
Check out these date ideas for celebrating the luck of the Irish:
1. Find a St. Patrick’s Day parade to attend. This becomes a great tradition you can enjoy with your family or friends every year going forward.
2. Seek out an Irish or Celtic festival or carnival near you. A lot of times churches will host a cultural festival at different times in the year. If you can find such a festival around St. Patrick’s Day, with an Irish twist, it could be the perfect St. Patty’s Day date idea.
3. Hit up your local Irish pub. You can enjoy some corned beef and cabbage or shepherd’s pie and a nice glass of Guinness or another Irish drink of choice. Better yet if you can find an Irish pub that has live music for St. Patrick’s Day.
4. Chill at home with green beer and takeout food. Not every date night has to be extravagant and expensive. Play it simple with a date night in, instead. If you like, try to find a movie with an Irish setting or Irish actors.
5. Schedule a brewery tour and tasting. You may have to have an afternoon date instead of an evening date, but a beer tour and tasting can be the perfect date activity for St. Patrick’s Day weekend. You can make this even more fun by including a few other couples as a group date idea for the Irish weekend.
You can also go away to a quaint bed and breakfast for St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Soak up some culture, relax, and get away from the normal things you see and do on a daily basis. If you have other fun ideas for what to do on St. Patrick’s Day and the St. Patty’s Day weekend, please share them in our comments below.