The 84th Academy Awards brought together a wide array of celebrities with gorgeous looks from head to toe. We were lucky enough to get the scoop on some of the top female celebrities and their hairstyles and the makeup products used to achieve their red carpet looks. Check out these hot tips on the styles of the Oscars as shown off by Diaz, Penelope Cruz, Sandra Bullock, and Rose Byrne.
Depending on your makeup and hairstyle prowess, you may be able to recreate some of these hot makeup looks and hairstyles from the 84th Academy Awards. Here are the details on four fabulous red carpet looks:
Red Carpet Look #1 – Makeup of Cameron Diaz
The gorgeous Cameron Diaz donned a clean and polished look that recalled old school Hollywood glamour for a simple and elegant appearance. Celebrity makeup artist Robin Fredriksz helped Cameron get all dolled up using a variety of Lancôme products like Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation and Blush Subtil in Cosmopolitan Pink for her face and Rouge in Love Lipcolor in Roses In Love for her lips.
Cameron Diaz’s eye lit up with a pretty palette created using Color Design Eye Shadow in Ciel du Soir, Color Design Eye Shadow in Kitten Heel, Liner Design Gel EyeLiner in Black Fishnets, Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara in So Black!, and YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch in #3.
Red Carpet Look #2 – Makeup of Penelope Cruz
Lancôme ambassadress Penelope Cruz rocked a stunning off-the-shoulder gown paired with a soft and lovely hairstyle. Her celebrity makeup artist, Matthew VanLeeuwen, dressed up her look with rich and intense makeup that created just the right level of intensity. For her face, VanLeeuwen used La Base Pro Primer, Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation, Star Bronzer (for cheeks and temples), and Blush Subtil in Rose Romantique (for the apples of her cheeks).
Cruz enhanced the mystery around her eyes with Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Gris Fatale, Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner in Black Lapis, and Ôscillation Power mascara in Black. Her makeup artist completed the look with Le Lipstique Lip Colouring Stick in Bronzelle and Rouge in Love Lipcolor in Delicate Lace.
Red Carpet Look #3 – Sandra Bullock’s Hairstyle
Celebrity hairstylist David Babaii worked his magic for Sandra Bullock’s Pony Style for this year’s Academy Awards. The idea behind the look was to spotlight her shiny, natural mocha brown hair. Babaii used these steps to create her look – you can follow them to try the look for yourself:
1. Apply Miracle Oil by David Babaii to towel-dried hair to enhance shine and heat protection.
2. Divide your hair into four sections (top, sides, and nape) for best drying so that you can smooth all the sections completely straight. Tip: Consider using a nozzle attachment to control airflow and a medium paddle brush for a straight, sleek hairstyle.
3. Lightly spray hair with IT&LY HAIRFASHION’S Pure Definition Hairspray.
4. Smooth and lift your hair into a high ponytail.
5. Secure the ponytail with a coated hair band.
6. Wrap a small section of hair around the band and secure it with a bobby pin or two.
7. Apply a small combination of Miracle Oil and Pure Definition Hairspray to your palms and smooth it over the ponytail for a shiny and sleek look.
8. To complete the look, place a small, fancy pin off to the side.
Anyone looking to achieve the same kind of chocolate brown hair color can try professional hair color by IT&LY HAIRFASHION’S Colorly 20/20 Mocha Series.
Red Carpet Look #4 – Rose Byrne’s Hairstyle
Rose Byrne stepped onto the red carpet with a sexy black backless gown. Her sleek bob hairstyle looked stunning with the rest of her look. John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh styled her hair with the following steps:
1. Apply John Frieda Full Repair Style Revival heat-activated spray on wet hair. This helps to achieve a sleek, straight style.
2. Blow-dry your hair with a round brush.
3. Starting below the roots, flat iron your hair section by section to ensure shine, volume, and straightness.
4. Add a side part.
5. Touch up and complete the look with the John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer.
Which celebrity had the best hairstyle, the best makeup, or the hottest overall look at the 84th Annual Academy Awards this year? Share your thoughts in our comments below!