No matter how serious your relationship is at the moment, long weekend getaways for couples can be just what the love doctor ordered. In a new relationship you can get to know the other person better, enjoying new things together and learning about each other’s favorite things. In an established relationship, you can enjoy some quality romantic time together, partaking in things you both love to do. No matter what, long weekend getaways for couples in either scenario should offer chances to relax and have a great time with your sweetheart.
Before you get started in planning any long weekend getaways for couples, first consider your budget, how far you are looking to travel, and any other prerequisites you may wish to consider in planning your long weekend away. Once you have a good idea of the requirements for your trip in terms of budget, distance, and theme or focus, you can consider a wide array of couples’ long weekend getaways.
Taking a long weekend away from work and the daily grind can be a great way to recharge and revitalize your body as well as your state of mind. Here are some long weekend getaways for couples to consider for your next excursion:
1. Winery or Brewery – Get away for a tour and tasting at a nice winery or brewery. Make a long weekend of it by throwing in other activities or choosing a different vineyard or brewing company for another day. Ensure you plan a nice dinner and some time to relax.
2. Spa and Golf Getaway – For couples who like time together as well as a little time apart, a golf and spa getaway could be the perfect compromise. Plan this trip with a few of your closest couples and make an excursion of it – they guys set up a tee time and the girls set up some spa time, and then everyone gets together for dinner or splits off in pairs for their own romantic evenings.
3. Bed & Breakfast – Hide yourselves away in a romantic bed & breakfast setting where you can relax, sightsee, or just spend some quiet time together. Choose a quaint town like Cape May, NJ, or find a romantic bed & breakfast at just about any location of your choice.
4. National or Historic Landmark – Feed your hunger for adventure by planning a long couple’s weekend at a national landmark or historic site. Set up a few tours or excursions or make up your own. Be sure to take along a camera and consider having a picnic or finding a nice place you can enjoy a casual meal outdoors.
5. Beach or Lakeside Escape – Who doesn’t love the beach? Plan a fun beachside or lakeside escape to enjoy with your sweetheart. You can fill up your long weekend getaway with activities like swimming, miniature golf, water sports, beachcombing, fishing, and sightseeing. Don’t forget to take in as many of the local attractions as you can!
5 More Couples’ Long Weekend Getaways…