Here are five more long weekend getaways for couples…
6. Ski Vacation – If both you and your significant other enjoy some time on the slopes, take a hint and plan a nice long weekend at the ski resort of your choice. This may of course be a seasonal weekend getaway for couples, but it is still worth considering. Even if you can’t find a place to travel for snow skiing this time of year, consider looking into a nice resort with waterskiing options for a fun twist on an old favorite!
7. Mountain Retreat – Set yourselves up for some hiking, exploring, and outdoor activities galore with a nice mountain retreat for two. Depending on the weather, you can enjoy snow sports or warm weather outdoor activities.
8. Camping Adventure – If you really want to spend some quality time with your significant other, it doesn’t get much more intimate than camping. You can share a tent and even a sleeping bag for two. Cook your meals over the fire, enjoy some stargazing, and score some bonus points if either of you can play a little guitar. During the day you can go hiking, fishing, boating, and exploring.
9. Couples Resort – For couples who’ve done it all, you might want to check into a couples resort and simply spend that quality time together. Sign up for a couples massage and take a nice walk around the resort. Enjoy some cocktails or champagne and a romantic meal.
10. Sports Excursion – When all else fails, take your sports fanaticism to a new level. If you are both fans of the same team, plan a long weekend where you can travel to a sports venue out of town to watch your team play and cheer them on. If you each like different teams, try to find a game where you can watch the two teams squaring off. These matchups can be especially fun for baseball, football, hockey, and basketball rivalries.
These top 10 long weekend getaways for couples offer some diverse options for activities and adventures you can enjoy as a pair. You can choose between relaxation, thrills and excitement, or both. These aren’t your only options when it comes to couples’ extended weekend escapes. If you have other long weekend getaway ideas to consider, please share them in our comments below.