Before you get started in planning any long weekend getaways for couples, first consider your budget, how far you are looking to travel, and any other prerequisites you may wish to consider in planning your long weekend away. Once you have a good idea of the requirements for your trip in terms of budget, distance, and theme or focus, you can consider a wide array of couples’ long weekend getaways.
Taking a long weekend away from work and the daily grind can be a great way to recharge and revitalize your body as well as your state of mind. Here are some long weekend getaways for couples to consider for your next excursion:
1. Winery or Brewery – Get away for a tour and tasting at a nice winery or brewery. Make a long weekend of it by throwing in other activities or choosing a different vineyard or brewing company for another day. Ensure you plan a nice dinner and some time to relax.
2. Spa and Golf Getaway – For couples who like time together as well as a little time apart, a golf and spa getaway could be the perfect compromise. Plan this trip with a few of your closest couples and make an excursion of it – they guys set up a tee time and the girls set up some spa time, and then everyone gets together for dinner or splits off in pairs for their own romantic evenings.
3. Bed & Breakfast – Hide yourselves away in a romantic bed & breakfast setting where you can relax, sightsee, or just spend some quiet time together. Choose a quaint town like Cape May, NJ, or find a romantic bed & breakfast at just about any location of your choice.
4. National or Historic Landmark – Feed your hunger for adventure by planning a long couple’s weekend at a national landmark or historic site. Set up a few tours or excursions or make up your own. Be sure to take along a camera and consider having a picnic or finding a nice place you can enjoy a casual meal outdoors.
5. Beach or Lakeside Escape – Who doesn’t love the beach? Plan a fun beachside or lakeside escape to enjoy with your sweetheart. You can fill up your long weekend getaway with activities like swimming, miniature golf, water sports, beachcombing, fishing, and sightseeing. Don’t forget to take in as many of the local attractions as you can!
5 More Couples’ Long Weekend Getaways…
Here are five more long weekend getaways for couples…
6. Ski Vacation – If both you and your significant other enjoy some time on the slopes, take a hint and plan a nice long weekend at the ski resort of your choice. This may of course be a seasonal weekend getaway for couples, but it is still worth considering. Even if you can’t find a place to travel for snow skiing this time of year, consider looking into a nice resort with waterskiing options for a fun twist on an old favorite!
7. Mountain Retreat – Set yourselves up for some hiking, exploring, and outdoor activities galore with a nice mountain retreat for two. Depending on the weather, you can enjoy snow sports or warm weather outdoor activities.
8. Camping Adventure – If you really want to spend some quality time with your significant other, it doesn’t get much more intimate than camping. You can share a tent and even a sleeping bag for two. Cook your meals over the fire, enjoy some stargazing, and score some bonus points if either of you can play a little guitar. During the day you can go hiking, fishing, boating, and exploring.
9. Couples Resort – For couples who’ve done it all, you might want to check into a couples resort and simply spend that quality time together. Sign up for a couples massage and take a nice walk around the resort. Enjoy some cocktails or champagne and a romantic meal.
10. Sports Excursion – When all else fails, take your sports fanaticism to a new level. If you are both fans of the same team, plan a long weekend where you can travel to a sports venue out of town to watch your team play and cheer them on. If you each like different teams, try to find a game where you can watch the two teams squaring off. These matchups can be especially fun for baseball, football, hockey, and basketball rivalries.
These top 10 long weekend getaways for couples offer some diverse options for activities and adventures you can enjoy as a pair. You can choose between relaxation, thrills and excitement, or both. These aren’t your only options when it comes to couples’ extended weekend escapes. If you have other long weekend getaway ideas to consider, please share them in our comments below.
Page: 1 2