Some people love celebrating their birthdays while others secretly try to let their birthdays pass by under the radar. Those who like to celebrate their birthday typically enjoy spending the day with family, friends, or their significant other. If you are dating or married to someone who looks forward to his or her birthday, a romantic birthday celebration may be the perfect way to show how much you care. Here are a few tips on planning a romantic birthday celebration for the one you love.
Before you get too far into the planning phases, first consider these key points. Will you plan the birthday just for the two of you, or will other people be involved? Will you stay at home or travel somewhere? What is the budget? Will you celebrate on the actual birth date or will you plan the romantic birthday events on the weekend closest to the actual birth date?
Once you know the answers to the above questions, you will find it much easier to make romantic birthday plans. Here are some suggestions to consider, ensuring your sweetheart’s birthday is romantic and memorable.
• Plan a weekend away at a bed and breakfast, romantic hotel, or other destination.
• Plan a birthday scavenger hunt with clues and a special present as the final item.
• Make plans to visit a local spa for a couples massage with champagne and chocolate or consider a steam bath or other romantic spa treatment.
• Take a trip to a local winery and enjoy your own private tour and tasting.
• Spend the day snuggled up at home, give each other massages, and order food to be delivered while you watch a movie together, relaxing the day away.
• Go out on the town for dinner and dancing.
• Treat your significant other to a personal shopping spree. (within reason!)
• Cook a gourmet dinner together, complete with dessert.
• Prepare a romantic candlelit dinner for your sweetheart, complete with romantic music in the background.
• Hire a personal chef to come and cook for you on the birthday evening.
• Go out for a classic dinner and a movie date.
• Relive your first date down to the last detail.
• Make your honey a birthday cake from scratch and decorate it with a romantic message.
• Go for a walk in the park holding hands and enjoy a picnic if it’s a nice day.
• Take a creative class together like glassblowing or pottery throwing.
• Go for a boat ride, a hike, go skating, or biking.
The actual activity you do for a romantic birthday celebration is usually the biggest piece, but don’t forget to have a birthday present handy as well as a sweet and romantic birthday card with your own romantic, handwritten note inside. Here are some examples of romantic birthday sayings you can consider. Be sure to let your lover know how much you care and just what he or she means to you.
What other ideas do you have for a romantic birthday celebration? Please share your most romantic birthday moments – or those you wish someone would do for you – in our comments below.