Babies are already super cute, even without a little costume to wear. Halloween brings a lot of fun and festivities, though, so it’s no wonder that you might want to dress up your baby. Newborn Halloween costumes can be a cute and creative way to share the holiday with your new baby son or daughter. Just think of the adorable pictures you can snap for your family members. The grandparents are going to love them!
Whether you are hosting guests, going to a family Halloween party, or just giving out candy to trick-or-treaters, a newborn costume for Halloween can be the cutest addition to your little one’s wardrobe. If you are looking for a newborn Halloween costume for your new baby, consider these ideas for baby costumes that you can easily make or buy. Keep your budget in mind as well as your craftiness for best results.
Cute Newborn Halloween Costumes
Baby animals can be almost as cute as newborn babies. Consider these cute newborn costumes for Halloween:
For very little babies, you might want to search for newborn bunting costumes or snuggle sack. These often have a pouch instead of legs at the bottom. You can find cute costumes like a little mermaid, peas in a pod, a cute owl, a butterfly, and so many more.
Funny Newborn Halloween Costumes
Use your sense of humor to choose a funny newborn Halloween costume for your new baby:
– Superhero Halloween costume for babies
– Chicken or turkey costume
– Pink elephant baby costume
– Lobster or crab baby costume
– Little devil costume (or angel and devil costumes for twins)
– Jailbird costume
Creative Newborn Halloween Costumes
If none of the costumes on the market strike your fancy, or if you can’t find the costume you want in the size you need, consider making your own newborn Halloween costume. Here are a few tips on creating a Halloween outfit for your baby:
– Dress your little one all in the same color, and attach ears to a baby hat to make your baby into a bunny, kitty, or puppy. Add a tail if you so desire.
– Make a cow outfit with a white infant sweat suit or onesie and black felt cut into randomly shaped spots. Glue the spots onto the onesie, and create ears using the same type of fabric, black felt, and a white hat.
– If you are good at sewing, go to a fabric store and get a pattern and the appropriate material and supplies. Sewing your own costumes can be so rewarding.
– Dress just like your baby and he or she can be your “mini me.”
– Dress like a kangaroo and get your newborn a kangaroo costume as well – and use your Baby Bjorn carrier or other infant carrier to complete the costume!
Easy Newborn Halloween Costumes
If craftiness isn’t exactly your thing, don’t worry. You can still dress your baby up for Halloween in a cute newborn costume. Consider these ideas for baby Halloween costumes:
– Favorite sports team onesie or outfit
– Newborn pumpkin costume from a store like Target or Kohls
– Ballerina with a pink tutu, pink onesie, and cute shoes
– Superhero onesie
– Navy sailor – white bucket hat and white shirt and pants
– Animal hat and similar colored clothing
Cheap Newborn Halloween Costumes
You can also find cheap newborn costume ideas, such as the skeleton onesie, pumpkin onesie or romper with stem hat, or ballerina – a simple pink onesie with a matching tutu! You can also find cheap costumes for newborns online for less than $20, with baby rompers and headbands or other accessories. Look for Minnie Mouse, an adorable bumblebee, and other cute costumes for little girls.
What other ideas do you have for newborn Halloween costumes? Share your suggestions or mention your favorite idea from the costume ideas listed above.