Love ‘em or hate ‘em, the holidays are here to stay. You might find it tempting to go away for the holidays, especially if you are in a situation where your holidays revolve around visiting numerous different family members across several days. Still, your family might be disappointed not to see you over the holidays, and you might not like disrupting tradition either. Why not plan some New Year’s travel ideas to look forward to instead?
No matter if you want to go away over New Year’s Eve or in the actual New Year, sometime after New Year’s Day, a New Year’s vacation can be just the thing to refresh your mood and shed some stress. Consider these New Year’s travel ideas to help get you through the holidays:
1. Times Square, New York City, NY – If you don’t mind crowds, consider spending your New Year’s evening in the city that never sleeps. It is probably something everyone should add to their bucket list to do at least once.
2. Paris, France – Ooh, la la – what a romantic and/or exciting way to spend the holiday. You can enjoy an incredible country of romance and charm with your sweetheart, your friends, or even your family.
3. Italy – With a name like La Festa di San Silvestro, Italy’s New Year’s festival is one you won’t want to miss, with its fireworks, dancing, and delectable food as far as the eye can see.
4. Las Vegas, Nevada – Because, why not? The city has more forms of entertainment and nightlife than you can shake a stick at, and the long list of food and alcohol options to boot.
5. New Orleans, Louisiana – With all the fun and insanity that encompass Mardi Gras, how could you imagine anything less for this playful and memorable city? When the clock strikes 12 the party is just beginning!
6. Atlanta, Georgia – Have a peachy time at this huge New Year’s travel hotspot where you can watch the Peach Drop in honor of Georgia’s state fruit.
7. Key West, Florida – Enjoy a pirate themed New Year’s celebration complete with cannons, a pirate wench, and more.
8. Walt Disney World, Florida – If you have kids, or if you’re still a kid at heart, a Disney World vacation may be the best option for you to ring in the New Year. Just think of how much better those fireworks are going to be on a night like December 31!
These are just a handful of fun and exciting places you can go to ring in the New Year. Where do you prefer to celebrate the New Year? Do you have any New Year’s travel ideas of your own? Please share your thoughts in our comments below.