Here are some more ideas from older daughters…
Valentine’s Gifts from Preteens to Dad
As kids get older, the style of gifts to their parents seems to go through a change. Those sweet, sentimental gifts sometimes change to sweet treats and salty snacks, among other things. Here are some ideas from older daughters to give their dads on Valentine’s Day:
* Create a CD or Music Playlist – Whether Dad uses an iPod or simply plays music from a CD player in his car, you can create a playlist of tunes you think he will love. Save it on a CD, an iPod playlist, or a memory card, depending on how he accesses his music, and explain to him why you chose the songs you did.
* Brownies, Cookies, or other treats – Lots of dads love sweets, so play into this by baking your dad his favorite cookies, brownies, or other Valentine’s Day treats to enjoy. You might also consider making him chocolate covered pretzels that will be lots of fun to decorate, or any other fun treat you can imagine.
* Candy – Not all families celebrate Valentine’s Day, or even in a big way, so consider picking out a candy bar for your dad the next time you are in the checkout line. He will definitely appreciate your sweet gesture.
Valentine’s Gifts from Grown Daughters to Dad
Not all grown daughters exchange Valentine’s gifts with their dads, especially when they have their own families to raise and enjoy. Consider one of these sweet gestures once in a while to show your dad how much you still care:
* Create a Photo Album – Put together a small album with some of your favorite photos from your childhood, a few from different ages, and then some from now with your current family, if you are at that point in life. Your dad will love the trip down memory lane!
* Make a Handmade Valentine with your kids – Help your little ones make something special for Grandpop to show how much they love him!
* Cookies – As stated earlier, what dad DOESN’T love cookies? You really can’t go wrong here unless he is trying to watch his sugar or calories, in which case, proceed with caution.
Valentine Sentiments from Daughters of Any Age
No matter what the age of the daughter, the truth is that dads love feeling special. Whether you call him to wish him well and let him know he’s on your mind, or actually go to the trouble of buying, making, or baking something, the dad in your life will smile on the inside and out when you wish him a Happy Valentine’s Day!
So, whether you create your own paper Valentine, or choose one off the shelf in Hallmark, remember that it really is the thought that counts!