Try these helpful tips to keep the baby food in your child’s mouth and not all over his clothing!
• Choose a bib with more coverage. Bibs that fasten with Velcro sometimes have more coverage for the shoulders, minimizing the food mess when baby turns her head.
• Choose bibs that wash easily and dry quickly, like waterproof bibs. You don’t want to spend your time scrubbing cloth bibs instead of clothes!
• Look for bibs with pockets to help protect your baby’s lap from dropped food or liquid.
• Push or roll up your baby’s sleeves to protect the cuffs from inevitably going into baby’s mouth.
• Feed smaller bites. Less food on the spoon is more forgiving if your accuracy is a bit off due to a turning head or other sudden movement.
Baby Gear brand and Cutie Pie brand both make baby bibs that have good coverage, a generous pocket, and waterproof material that washes up amazingly well and also dries quickly. I highly recommend these girls’ and boys’ waterproof bibs for babies of all ages but especially for those now enjoying solids. The bibs I purchased have pink puppies and cookies patterns on them, and I love them so much. Amazon shows the Dex Baby Dura Bib Big Mouth as very highly rated for baby feedings as well.
If you do continue to find stains on your little one’s clothes, you can try Dreft stain spray or a gentle mix of dish soap and water to remove most stains. And, if your little one isn’t on solid baby foods yet, you might still be battling with messy diaper explosions. Stains from baby’s number 2 diapers are easily cleaned with Dreft baby stain spray and allowing the stained clothing to sit in the sunlight for a few hours. Try it—you might be surprised!
Put these few tips in practice and you should notice fewer items to scrub when tossing baby clothes in the laundry. If you have additional tips, please share them in our comments below. Good luck!