For many college and high school students, graduation is right around the corner. Some students have already processed and tossed their caps high, while others may still be struggling through finals. Whatever the case, this time of year is a very special time for the new graduates as they embark on the next chapter of their lives. For some, it may involve exciting new jobs while others may stress over the scant job market. Some may look to get engaged and marry their sweethearts while others may still look for that special someone, or simply take some time to explore the world themselves.
When it comes time to congratulate the special graduates in your life, a heartfelt graduation message in a greeting card, especially a handwritten graduation note or sentiment, can mean a lot more than the poetic words of Hallmark. Take some time to write a personal message to your favorite graduates this year.
Here are a few ideas and examples to consider as you ponder sentimental graduation messages to share with those you love.
Graduation Messages for a Son or Daughter
Consider these tips on writing a special graduation message to your daughter or son:
– Talk about how you’ve watched your son or daughter grow from a baby or child to a young man or young woman, how you’ve watched their successes and look forward to what the future holds.
– Share sentiments of how proud you are of your child’s achievements and how you are excited for all that is to come.
– Look back on positives from your child’s life so far and express how blessed you are to have him or her in your life. Be sure to say “I love you”!
Congratulatory Sentiments on Graduation for a Grandchild
The graduation of a granddaughter or grandson is a momentous occasion. Share your feelings with a special message for your graduating grandchild.
– Express how special it is for you to see one of your grandchildren walk across the stage to receive a diploma, and how you’ve been cheering them on all along.
– Share sentiments of your love and affection for your grandchild.
– Reminisce about a special memory the two of you share.
– Offer words of encouragement regarding the future and all the wonderful things to come.
Graduation Thoughts and Wishes for a Boyfriend or Girlfriend (or Fiancé / Fiancée)…