6. Go for a secluded retreat in the mountains. Rustic destinations offer so much to the outdoor enthusiast as well as the artist, the wordsmith, or just about anyone who likes to get away from it all. Enjoy a hike with your sweetheart through some gorgeous trails and paths, or explore the other wonderful things that nature has to offer. Grab a pair of binoculars and pack a picnic lunch for a nice afternoon of bird-watching… you may even get to scope out some other wildlife! Finish your day by visiting an intimate eatery for a beer and some dinner, followed by snuggling up in front of a campfire with some s’mores. What more could you want in a romantic couples weekend getaway?
7. Let loose for some adventure and go camping. Pack up a cooler of food and some dry goods, and grab your hiking boots, bug spray, and whatever other camping necessities you might need. Pack a tent or rent a cabin and prepare for an outdoors adventure. You can enjoy fishing, hiking, exploring, and best of all, campfires! Oh, and where else can you sleep under the stars, surrounded by an absolutely beautiful canopy of nature?
8. Rent a houseboat and investigate the catch of the day. If you can’t seem to find a location renting houseboats, a cottage on the lake will do just fine. Enjoy your time together relaxing on the water. Try your skills at fishing or just cruise around and share a picnic luncheon. As the day wears on, make sure you find the perfect spot to watch the sun go down.
9. Try a cowboy hat on for size and head over to the ranch. Horseback riding is a fabulous couples’ activity for longtime lovers as well as budding new romances. You can enjoy the scenery and the excitement of the ride, all memories you can keep with you for a lifetime. Horseback riding offers a fun and athletic option for couples of just about any age, so get out there and get back on the horse!
10. Take a chance and head over to the casino. Find out if you are lucky in cards or just lucky in love. Spend some time next to your sweetheart on the slots, or ante up at your favorite card game. If your luck is running low, maybe it’s time to migrate to your hotel room for some room service and your own private game of cards or dice.
Editor’s Note: Gambling and drinking alcohol can become addicting. Performing these activities in moderation is best. Each of these top ten suggestions may not be the right match for every person who reads this article, so please use discretion as you plan any and all of your romantic weekend getaways for couples!