Relationships are always a learning experience. Even in long-term relationships, couples continually learn new things about each other, their likes, dislikes, and favorite things. When it comes to finding a way to your man’s heart, you may need to try a few different approaches before you find what he really loves best.
If you want to show your man how much you care, consider these ten easy ways to the average man’s heart.
1. Make him cookies. Unless your guy has an aversion to all things sweet, this should be a shoo-in. Pretty much every guy loves to snack on chocolate chip cookies or other delights.
2. Make him dinner. Set the table with linens and the good china, and complete the ambiance with candlesticks. Dress to kill and your romantic evening is complete. Not the cooking type? Order some of your favorite food as takeout and spend a cozy evening at home together.
3. Watch sports with him. Most guys love their sports and especially their favorite teams. Bond with your man by sitting down and yelling at the television when his team scores or makes a bad play. Share a six-pack of his favorite beer for an even way to your man’s heart.
4. Straighten the house or clean up something he’ll notice. Some guys don’t mind, but a lot of them like having their personal space. If you are living together, do your best to keep your things neat, organized and put away. If you and he have your own domiciles, consider straightening up things for him, so long as you can guarantee he won’t be missing whatever items you put away!
5. Surprise him with sexy lingerie. Every once in a while, a new lingerie item may pique his interest. It shows him that you care about his level of desire and also shows that you want to look good for him.
6. Buy him a little “something” for no reason. Surprise him with a new golf shirt or something as simple as his favorite candy bar. You didn’t have to do that, and he knows it. All the more reason to love you!
7. Give him his space, but tell him – or show him – you miss him. Your man deserves his time to go out with the boys for poker night or to head over to the golf course to get a break from it all. Don’t make a big deal out of your time apart, but make it a point to do something special together when he gets back. Let him have his time away, but also let him know how much he means to you.
8. Let him keep his minor flaws – we all have them. One thing that really turns guys off is knowing their mate wants them to change. The guy has to want to change too, or else this can be a real pain point. If you want your man to quit a bad habit, encourage him and be supportive – don’t be argumentative or negative. And for those lesser evils, learn to live with his flaws rather than battling over them.
9. Choose your battles and opt not to fight when possible. Realize that you cannot win every battle in a healthy relationship. Also realize that some battles are not even worth fighting in the first place. Try to avoid fighting with your man unless the issue is of true importance to you.
10. Roll with the punches. Have you heard of the term “high-maintenance”? Sometimes it is best to stay as far away from this word as possible. Try to keep a casual, carefree attitude with many things you do in life. You’ll be happier, he’ll be happier, and you’ll probably both live longer for it!