Tips to Help You Achieve a Thinner Look
Contrary to the belief that bigger clothing will disguise the fact that your figure carries a few extra pounds, it actually makes you look larger. Wearing a size 14, when in fact you only wear a size 12, may hide the fact that your tummy boasts the same span of inches as your bust, but it also makes you look like a size 14 with the expense of imaginary pounds.
Equally incorrect is the fallacy that wearing a smaller size will make your physique appear smaller than it is. Wearing a size smaller than you should shows off every extra bit of fat you have. The correct clothing size may not take off or hide those extra pounds, but it certainly won’t add any.
Possibly some of the best advice to looking thinner echoes the words we often heard in our childhood: stand up straight. With your shoulders back, your head held high, and your back straight, you will not only appear self-confident, but also thinner.
Now let’s tackle the issue of what you wear.
Create an illusion of slimness with a few easy to follow guidelines.
• Wear medium to high heels to elongate your physique and add length rather than pounds.
• Never wear pleats if the tummy needs to keep itself inconspicuous.
• If the legs and thighs need a slimmer look, then wear narrow cut pants. Baggy pants simply add pounds to your appearance.
• Avoid unsightly bunching up. Wear bias-cut skirts and dresses that provide a smoother fit.
• Generous thighs can readily be disguised by wearing a straight skirt or dress that stops at the knee.
• Generous thighs can also be disguised by wearing a larger top and very streamlined pants.
• Boatneck tops and dresses, as well as small, colorful scarves, will draw the eyes upward and away from the torso and thighs.
• Go for shaped outfits rather than clingy. Clingy outfits do exactly that — cling to every bit of bulge and show it off for everyone to see.
Remember to express yourself in the best way possible – hide your shortcomings, show off your assets, and smile!