No matter what your age or skin type, it is vital to protect the skin you have. Avoid overly exposing your skin to the sun, wind, or harsh chemicals like chlorine. Practice a regular skincare routine by cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing your skin. By following simple tips like these, you can keep your skin looking youthful and beautiful for many years to come.
As you care for your skin, be sure to keep your skin type in mind. Also, take the time to be good to your skin and it will be good to you in return. Follow these tips to keep your skin as healthy, smooth, and sexy as ever!
• After a bath or shower, apply moisturizers to lock the moisture into your skin.
• Alternate between oil-based and water-based moisturizers if you have combination skin.
• Choose an oil-free, water-based moisturizer for oily skin.
• Choose a thick, oil-based moisturizer for exceptionally dry skin.
• Choose a gentle, fragrance-free, and hypoallergenic moisturizer for sensitive skin.
• Do not apply moisturizers too often because it can result in clogged pores.
• Focus on other body parts besides your face. Moisturizing is vital on dry elbows, knees, legs, breasts, and other areas that may be prone to flaking and chapping.
• It’s never too early to start moisturizing your skin and to protect it from the signs of aging.
• Mature skin may benefit from moisturizing products that contain alpha-hydroxy acid, selenium, or Tropoelastin.
• Pick a moisturizer that contains a low level of sunscreen, like SPF 15. It keeps your skin soft and smooth while preventing the negative effects of harmful UV rays.
• Strengthen your skin by choosing moisturizers that contain Vitamin A and Vitamin E.
• Wear lots of warm clothes, as well as gloves, scarves, and hats in the winter to prevent chapped skin and loss of moisture.
If you experience difficulty in selecting an appropriate moisturizer for your skin, consult your healthcare provider or a beautician for educated suggestions. If you know your skin type, choose a product created especially for you!