What better way to celebrate the onset of spring than to enjoy a spring themed cocktail!
Gather the ingredients and your favorite glassware, and get out a stainless steel bar set with a shaker, if you own one. Mixing your own alcoholic beverages for spring can be lots of fun, no matter if you’re making enough to share or just one drink at a time for yourself. Enjoy the following spring cocktail themed recipes for Easter or any lovely spring day.
Recipe for the ZEN Blossom, an Iced Tea Cocktail
Perfect for spring sipping, the ZEN Blossom is an iced tea cocktail created by James Labe, America’s first Tea Sommelier. Labe blends Jasmine Pearl Green Tea, Coconut Cream, and White Rum with ZEN Green Tea Liqueur, (America’s first green tea liqueur), to create a refreshing spring cocktail boasting tropical flavors and a smooth taste that is great for brunch or a midday gathering.
Spring Cocktail #1: ZEN Blossom (Alcoholic Drink Recipe)
1½ parts ZEN GREEN TEA LIQUEUR
4 parts prepared Jasmine Pearl Green Tea
1½ parts FLOR DE CANA WHITE RUM®
1 part Coconut Cream
1. Combine 1 part cold and 5 parts boiling water to approximate 180ºf.
2. Use 1/4 cup dry tea leaves to 2 cups hot water (1:8).
3. Steep 2 minutes.
4. Strain and chill.
5. Pour ingredients into a shaker with ice.
6. Shake and strain into glass.
7. Garnish with edible flower.
Recipe for Punch No. 4, a Punch Recipe by Phil Ward of NYC’s Death & Co Featuring Flor de Caña Rum
Serving punch is a fun and elegant way to celebrate any special event or occasion. Punch is a great beverage for a bridal shower, baby shower, family gathering, and more. Consider the following punch recipe featuring Flor de Caña rum, premium rum from Nicaragua recently available in the U.S., for a special Easter brunch, lunch, dinner, or any spring gathering.
Spring Cocktail #2: Punch No. 4
2 oz. Flor de Caña 4-year old
1 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. lime juice
2 oz. pineapple juice
2 oz. Champagne
1. Muddle 1 oz. of simple syrup with strawberries.
2. Add 2 oz. Flor de Caña 4-year old, the lime juice and pineapple juice one at a time and stir as added.
3. Add ice and stir the punch until it is chilled.
4. Strain the punch into a glass or punch bowl, depending on the size of the portion.
5. Top with 2oz. Champagne.
Recipe for Brampton Mango Lassi, a Smoothie Style Non-Alcoholic Treat
For a special breakfast or brunch treat, try this tasty recipe for a spring smoothie. Fresh fruit and low-fat yogurt come together to create a chilled non-alcoholic beverage that is perfect for Easter or any day this spring. Brampton Bed & Breakfast Inn in Chestertown, Maryland shares this exciting recipe that you can serve in a glass or more creatively, over a fresh fruit cup or sprinkled with homemade granola.
Spring Cocktail #3: Brampton Mango Lassi from Brampton Bed & Breakfast Inn in Chestertown, Maryland
1-1/2 cups cold low-fat yogurt
2-1/2 cups freshly pureed ripe mango
1 Tbsp sugar or more to taste
One dash of pure vanilla, optional
1. Puree all ingredients in a blender and chill for 1/2 hour.
2. Serve chilled in stem glasses garnished with a mint sprig, serve over a fresh fruit cup, or sprinkle with (homemade) granola.