Whether you are “Mom” or you just want to show her some creative appreciation as Mother’s Day approaches, you can have a lot of fun with pretty Mother’s Day manicures and nail art designs in Mom’s honor. Create lovely Mother’s Day nail art designs and Mom themed manicures just in time for the special holiday that celebrates everything Mom.
For Mother’s Day nail art designs and Mom themed manicures, you can choose just about any colors of nail polish that you like or that you think Mom would like. You can go with pretty pastel nail polish to accent the springtime or pretty reds or burgundies as a timeless classic. You could also go with a classy and chic French manicure and dress it up any way that you like. Once you decide on the style of your Mother’s Day manicure, you can move forward into creating the Mom themed nail art designs or overall style of your fingernails.
To create a beautiful Mother’s Day manicure by yourself, you can simply choose your colors, gather a few materials, find a place to work, and get to it. Try these step-by-step instructions for Do-It-Yourself (DIY) nail art designs for pretty Mother’s Day manicures.
Mother’s Day Nail Art Design #1: Mom Heart with Arrow Tattoo Nails
To create a pretty Mother’s Day manicure with Mom Heart with Arrow Tattoo nail art designs, think of the popularized “Mom” heart tattoo with an arrow going through it. You can create this Mom Heart Tattoo nail design on all of your nails or just on a select nail on each hand. The amount of time you want to spend on your nails will help you decide.
To create the Mom Heart Tattoo nail art designs for a pretty Mother’s Day manicure, gather these materials and follow these steps:
– Desired background color of nail polish
– Red nail polish or nail polish art pen
– Black nail polish or nail polish art pen
– Clear topcoat
– Tiny paintbrush or toothpick if nail art pens aren’t available
DIY Nail Design Instructions
1. Paint your nails the desired background color. Do at least two coats and allow each to dry thoroughly.
2. Once nails are fully dry, decide whether you would have better luck painting the full red heart first or painting the black outline of the heart and filling it in later. Complete the following steps in whichever order makes the most sense to you:
Note: Allow nails to dry completely between each of the following steps.
- Paint a red heart on your nail using the red nail polish or a red nail art pen if available. If the nail polish brush is too thick to paint a good heart, you may want to use a small paintbrush or a toothpick for finer details.
– Paint a black outline of a heart. If you complete this step first, you’ll need to fill in the black outline with red nail polish later. If you paint over the lines, you can always touch up once everything is dry.
3. Once nails are dry, use the black nail art pen or a tiny amount of black nail polish on a toothpick or small, thin paintbrush to write the word “Mom”. Depending on your level of expertise, you can try for a script style or a simple, clean style.
4. Paint a small, upward or downward diagonal line with a triangle on the end at one side of the heart.
5. At the other side of the heart, paint a line in the opposite direction (upward or downward and facing away from the heart in the opposite direction). Add “feathers,” or other diagonal lines, coming off of this new line to create your heart with arrow nail design.
6. Once your nail designs are dry, paint a clear topcoat to seal and protect your pretty Mother’s Day nail art designs.
Mother’s Day Nail Art Design #2: Hearts and Flowers Manicure…