Thanks to technology, girls and guys now get to interpret text messages as a means of communication, flirting, and joking around. Texting back and forth with friends and significant others becomes a habit as much as a convenience. There’s something to be said for being able to instantly and silently communicate with your sweetheart anytime, anywhere (just about).
Flirting via text message can be a lot of fun in an established relationship or a new relationship, but while fun and exciting, it can also be partially confusing in a new relationship. I recently had a male friend of mine ask me what he should respond to his new love interest’s text message, “Just bought a cute sundress for the weekend!”
At the time, I wasn’t sure how serious the two of them were, so I asked my friend if they usually joke around or if they tend to be pretty straightforward. I could think of half a dozen flirty text messages for him to text back, but I didn’t want to give him the wrong advice or even the right advice at the wrong time. He took my advice to simply gauge his response based on the dynamics of their relationship – joking around.
Debra Goldstein and Olivia Baniuszewicz recognized the rising trend of flirting through text messages and thus came up with their book, Flirtexting: How To Text Your Way To His Heart. Together, Goldstein and Baniuszewicz share the following fun flirtexts, or flirty text messages, that guys could send to girls as well as a few somewhat racy flirtexts that girls could send to their steady boyfriends.
Here is a list of some fun flirtexts guys could send girls – mostly to ask them out – from Debra Goldstein and Olivia Baniuszewicz:
Flirty Texts for Guys to Send to Girls They Like:
• What’s a guy gotta do to get a 5’8 (pretty attractive) brunette to go to dinner with him? (*Girls like it when you don’t gush and awe over them right off the bat. Small subtleties or hints of her attractiveness will make her blush and speak volumes without outright saying it.)
• Drinks with a handsome funny guy named Phil. Who’s in? OR Drinks with a handsome funny guy named Phil? If you’re in raise your hand.
• Dinner and a movie? Please inquire within.
• I was just talking with X (your best friend), she/he thinks we should get married. Spring wedding sound good? (Expect an LOL response.)
• Your company, my American Express. You name the spot.
• Cancel all your plans. You’re mine tonight.
• Word on the streets is Resto has the best hamburgers in town. I don’t believe it. Taste test this weekend?
• Be ready at 8. I’m taking you out.
- Suggestions courtesy of Debra Goldstein and Olivia Baniuszewicz
Here are some great flirtexts for girls to send their boyfriends to keep relationships exciting! Please note, Goldstein and Baniuszewicz only recommend these flirty text messages to girls in serious relationships.
Keep Reading: Flirty Texts for Girls to Send to Their Steady Boyfriends…