Cinco de Mayo brings an almost inherent need to get your drink on, whether with friends, neighbors, family, or colleagues. To help you celebrate Cinco de Mayo with some fantastic cocktails and drink recipes, we’ve compiled this guide to sweet, sour, spicy, smoky, and all kinds of Cinco de Mayo drink recipes.
Whether you love tequila or hate tequila, we’ve got the Cinco de Mayo cocktail for you. Check out these fun and festive Cinco de Mayo cocktails and drink recipes and enjoy yourself – but please drink responsibly.
Check out the following drink recipe ideas for Cinco de Mayo or anytime:
Cinco de Mayo Drink Recipes and Cocktails Featuring Tequila
If you’ve got a friend in tequila, you might just love these cocktails and drink recipes for Cinco de Mayo. From fruity and sweet to smoky and everything in between, you should be able to find a drink that matches your personality or your party style.
The Classic Paloma
For a fizzy and fruity Cinco de Mayo beverage, try this recipe.
1.5 oz Tequila
0.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
Grapefruit Soda (not juice)
1. Pour Tequila and lime juice over ice in a highball glass.
2. Fill with grapefruit soda.
Tequila Mocking Bird
For a sweet Cinco de Mayo treat, try this wonderful pun of a drink.
1.25 oz Tequila
0.25 oz Blackcurrant-flavored Liqueur
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1. Combine ingredients with ice in cocktail shaker.
2. Pour entire contents into a rocks glass.
3. Garnish with an orange slice.
Try this Cinco de Mayo cocktail idea for a smoky swill…
0.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
0.5 oz Simple Syrup
0.25 oz Mezcal
0.5 oz Silver Tequila infused with Jalapeno Peppers*
0.5 oz Repasado Tequila
2 Dashes Aromatic Bitters
Shake and serve in a coupe glass that has half rim of 2 to 1 Smoked Salt / Kosher salt mix.
– Recipes courtesy of Distilled Spirits Council of the United States, and The Cinder recipe courtesy of Death & Company’s Philip Quarrels
A special cocktail with a French flair…
1.5 oz Tequila Herradura Silver
0.5 oz Cointreau
0.5 oz Chambord
1.5 oz agave nectar
1.5 oz fresh lime juice
1. Mix Tequila Herradura Silver, Cointreau, agave nectar and fresh lime juice in a shaker with ice.
2. Pour into a margarita glass rimmed with salt.
3. Pour the Chambord on top, so as to create a crimson floater.
4. Garnish with a lime wedge.
– Recipe courtesy of Tequila Herradura
Fruit and tequila go so nicely together in this colorful Cinco de Mayo cocktail recipe.
1 oz 1800® Reposado Tequila
2 oz Cranberry juice
1 oz Orange juice
Dash lime juice
1. Shake over ice or blend.
2. Garnish with an orange slice.
For another tasty Cinco de Mayo drink recipe, check out the Raw Diamond, which offers a taste of pear and lime.
1 oz. 1800® Select Silver Tequila
0.25 oz. Pear Puree
0.25 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
0.25 oz. Agave Nectar
1. Combine ingredients and shake with ice.
2. Pour into a lightly salted highball glass.
– Recipes courtesy of 1800® Tequila
RA Sushi, an edgy and ultra-chic sushi bar and restaurant in The Shops at Legacy in Plano, TX, will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a special cocktail this year. RA will feature the RA’ckin Rita on Tuesday, May 5 beginning at 11 a.m.
2 slices of jalapeno
0.5 ounce simple syrup
1.5 ounce tequila
1 ounce sake
2 ounces sweet and sour
0.5 ounces of lime juice
Splash of orange juice
Muddle the cucumbers and jalapeno slices together with the simple syrup. Add tequila, sake, sweet and sour, lime juice and a splash of orange juice.
– Recipe courtesy of RA Sushi Restaurant
Frozen Tiki Corona Mar-Tiki
How could anyone celebrate Cinco de Mayo without the Corona? Try this recipe for a fancy twist on your traditional Corona.
3 oz Corona Beer
2 ounces Voodoo Tiki Reposado Tequila
0.25 cup frozen Minute Maid Limeade Concentrate
Rim: Salt or None
Serve: Up, Rocks, Frozen
Garnish: Lime Wheel
– Recipe courtesy of Voodoo Tiki Tequila
Cinco de Mayo Drink Recipes that Do Not Use Tequila…