With warm weather all around, now is a great time to spruce up your look with a pretty pedicure. One of the most popular pedicure styles of all time is the French pedicure – pale pink nails with bright white tips. This look is classy, elegant, and timeless. However, if you are looking for a more fun and exciting pedicure style, why not paint your toenails with pretty nail art designs yourself? You can use your own creativity to design the most beautiful and creative nail art designs for your toes.
Painting nail designs on your toenails is actually easier than you might expect. If you are at all accustomed to painting nail art designs on your fingernails, painting nail designs on your toes should be a breeze for you. The hardest part of painting nail designs on your toenails is finding the right position to prop up your foot so you can easily reach your toes with the nail polish or nail art pen.
Once you’ve found a comfortable position to paint your toenails (I like to sit on a kitchen chair and bend my knee so that my foot is resting on the same chair I’m sitting on, right in front of me), you’ve conquered the toughest part. Now you simply need to paint the base coat, decide on the theme of your nail art designs for your toenails, and get started.
To paint pretty nail designs on your toes, follow these easy step-by-step instructions:
How to Paint Pretty Daisy Nail Art Designs on Your Toenails
1. Find a location where you can comfortably sit and still easily and comfortably reach your toes with nail polish.
2. Place down newspaper or paper towels so you won’t drip nail polish on anything important.
3. Paint your toenails with a solid color base coat in a fun nail polish shade.
4. Allow that coat to fully dry, and then paint a second coat of the same color nail polish.
5. Once your painted toenails are dry, you’ll need to decide what kinds of nail art designs you want to paint on your toes.
6. For the sake of these instructions, we’re going to use daisies as an example. To paint daisy nail designs on your toenails, use a white nail art pen or a bit of white nail polish on a toothpick and paint five or six lines all coming together in the center.
a. For your big toe, you’ll be able to fit more than one daisy if you like. For smaller toes, don’t try to cram too much into a small area. Keep things clean and simple. One daisy per smaller toe will look great!
7. Allow the white petals to fully dry before you even think about applying the drop of yellow for the center of the daisies. Once the petals are fully dry, add a single dot to the center where all the petals come together, using a yellow nail art pen or a toothpick and a bit of yellow nail polish.
8. Allow these designs to dry fully.
9. Apply a clear topcoat to seal your designs and protect them from chipping.
Remember, painting pretty nail designs on your toenails is easy if you just take your time and practice. You’re going to love having such a fun and fashionable pedicure to show off in your favorite flip-flops and sandals!