Black, the richer version of basic, can provide a chic look with a hint of everything from romance to business. Its modest appeal of the past has undergone a transformation into a fascinating presence of must have.
Although a newer fashion trend may make its appearance in the stores every season, one of everybody’s favorites, black, is always there to dazzle the onlooker. In fact, creations in black, designed by fashion superstars, Jean Yu and Rochas, made an appearance at the Golden Globes a few years ago.
Tips for wearing black or rules to live by when it comes to wearing black:
- Avoid 100% cotton – Cotton tends to fade as time passes. In addition to holding the dye longer and more completely with a higher luster, cotton with Lycra or mercerized cotton has greater strength and shrinks less.
- Prefer wool blends – Wool fabrics create deeper and richer blacks. Since wool retains dyes better and longer, fading is less of a problem. Suits, skirts, and sweaters look exceptionally classy in woolen fabrics, and will last for years.
- Toss faded clothing immediately – Clothing that has faded simply does not blend as well. Rather than risk looking tacky, toss the item and replace it with something exciting.
- Match completely – Black clothing often presents a cast or shine of a different color, for example, purple, green, or brown. Therefore, you should take the time to match your clothing carefully when creating an all black outfit.
- Minimize fading – Dark colors, especially black, should always be laundered in cold water to minimize fading. When washing an article of clothing for the first time, you can add a cup of vinegar to help set the dye. Dry cleaning, also, takes less of a toll on the dye and will help to keep your clothes looking fresh longer.
- Maximize appeal – Wearing black can create a sleek and mysterious vision, or it can create a picture that says too many words. Maintain the care of your outfits carefully. Avoid the build up of lint of all kinds through carefully laundering and matching up of your outfits.
- Accessorize to add a heightened look of elegance – Even the word, embellishment sounds pretty. Imagine what it can do for your outfit! Glitz and glitter add an air of excitement, so add a few unique pieces of jewelry, a snazzy purse, or stylish shoes to top off the perfect outfit.
- Personalize to create a unique statement – Select a style that suits your physique and personality. Make it your own with a few simple modifications. Personalize your outfit with jewelry, layering, and other accessories.
Not-so-basic black has become an intriguing component of fashion. Ensembles in black, including, cocktail dresses, evening gowns, business suits, jeans and jacket, and lingerie ensembles transform to visions of beauty, models of mystery, looks of professionalism, impressions of comfort, and images of romance. Black isn’t back, it’s simply here to stay!