Great skin isn’t necessarily something you are born with or something you grow into throughout life. A good diet, healthy intake of water, and practicing proper skincare techniques can all contribute to getting great skin. If you would like to try to get a better complexion and healthier skin, consider these top 10 skincare tips for great skin.
Some people are lucky to have relatively problem-free skin while others suffer acne and other blemishes for many years at a time. The following skincare tips are meant to help the average person to maintain a healthy and balanced complexion, but please be advised that prescription acne medication may be required if suggested by your doctor.
Consider these top 10 skincare tips for great, healthy skin:
1. Wear sunscreen often and even on overcast days. Many times people don’t expect to get a sunburn if the sun isn’t fully visible, but that can be the worst kind of day. Also, try use sunscreen that is meant for faces to prevent breakouts.
2. Find a cleanser that matches your complexion. You can find oil-free facial cleansers and special solutions meant for combination skin, oily skin, dry skin, and normal skin.
3. Moisturize your skin, especially in the winter. If you get dry skin on a normal basis, find a moisturizer suited to your skin type.
4. Don’t touch your blemishes other than to gently cleanse and apply products meant to treat them. Apply a product containing 10% benzyl peroxide for good results.
5. Remove your makeup before bed. Many of us don’t do this, but makeup can clog your pores if you leave it on too long, causing skin irritation and pimples.
6. Eat less chocolate. While it’s not proven, avoiding chocolate around big events like weddings and graduations may help to prevent surprise breakouts.
7. Drink more water. Water helps to flush the toxins from your body, so make sure you get enough water in your system daily.
8. Remember, all things in moderation. Take good care of your body and your skin by trying not to indulge too much in salty snacks, alcoholic beverages, etc.
9. Cleanse, Tone, Exfoliate, Moisturize. Practice a regular facial cleansing routine to keep your skin balanced and healthy.
10. Try facial mud masques to soak up excess skin oils. If used once a week, you’ll notice a true difference in the softness of your skin and a real decrease in the oils on the surface of your skin.