Packing for a flight can be an easy task or quite a difficult one, depending on the kind of packer you are. If you tend to be especially efficient at packing, you may already know what to throw in your carryon before you even start. If you are a last-minute packer, or someone who doesn’t travel often, or even someone who simply struggles with packing for trips, you may benefit from a helpful list of items to pack in your carryon luggage for a comfortable and enjoyable flight.
Traveling on an airplane can be a daunting experience for those who don’t like heights, being out of control of a situation (or fate), or those who don’t like flying in general. Sometimes having comfort items or various distractions from the flying experience can make the flight more pleasant and enjoyable… or at least bearable. Even those who don’t mind flying – or those who love it – can benefit from a quick and easy packing list for their carryon luggage.
Consider these top 10 things to pack in your carryon luggage for a comfortable and enjoyable flight.
1. Chewing gum – So your ears don’t pop as much! Gum is an essential carryon item for all your flights.
2. Tissues – In case the altitude affects your sinuses, having tissues on hand is a great idea. You can also dispose of your gum if you lost the wrapper.
3. Eye drops – Pack these in your little quart-sized Ziploc bag. This way you can treat your eyes if they get dry or if you happen to get something in your eye.
4. iPod or other MP3 player – The music can soothe you or help you find sleep.
5. Travel pillow – Sleeping through a flight can be the quickest, easiest, and most comfortable way to get through a flight.
6. Jacket, sweatshirt, or small blanket – Sometimes the climate on an airplane can be a little chilly, so make sure you stay as warm as you like.
7. Snacks, candy, etc. – A treat can definitely make your flight more enjoyable. Chocolate or a really tasty snack can also help to take your mind off the flight.
8. Magazine or book – Reading is a great way to pass the time or help you become tired enough to take a catnap on your flight.
9. Noise cancellation headphones – One of the modern luxuries of travel, noise cancellation headphones offer an escape from the sounds of flight.
10. Watch or other timepiece – With a watch or other timepiece, you can keep an eye on your approaching arrival time.
Of course, this is just a partial list on which items you might like to bring in your carryon luggage during a flight. You may find other items or even that some of these items do not apply to your personal preferences. Whatever the case, we wish you a pleasant flight!