This guide of pink ribbon products for October 2009 and beyond offers you a great way to show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can shop for the cure by making smart choices on breast cancer donation purchases this October, and for some products, even throughout the year. Many companies have joined efforts to find a cure for breast cancer. It’s easy to do your part, especially when you can contribute to the fight for a cure by doing things you normally would do anyway, like buying household goods, groceries, and gift items.
Some companies and organizations contribute to breast cancer research and support groups by donating a portion of the proceeds of particular “pink” products or “pink ribbon” products. Some companies and charitable groups focus on an annual or even just a one-time special event that will benefit a good cause.
Jump for the Cause, the leading nonprofit group that organizes skydiving fundraisers, recently held a group skydive in Perris, California from September 21- September 27, 2009 to kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month and raise funds for cancer research at City of Hope. In an effort to to build the new Women’s World Freefall record, the team skydive event required 10 planes to lift the 180 women skydivers to 17,000 ft. for about 30 jumps over the course of the single week.
Mallory Lewis, daughter of puppeteer Shari Lewis and sister to the adorable Lamb Chop, co-founded Jump for the Cause after Shari Lewis lost her battle with cancer in 1998. The famous, beloved puppet Lamb Chop joined in the skydiving fun by stowing away in one of the skydivers’ jumpsuits.
As an example of an annual event set to raise funds for breast cancer research, Massage Envy clinics across the USA participated in a one-day massage event, known as Massage for the Cure. Massage for the Cure took place on Tuesday, September 15 at all participating Massage Envy locations, 18 of which are located in the DC/Baltimore area. The one-hour massages given that day cost $35 and raised $10 per massage for the local Susan G. Komen affiliate. This year, 2009, is the first year the Massage for the Cure event went national, with all locations working together to raise money toward breast cancer education, screening, and treatment programs.
Vespa USA also contributes to this great cause by offering a number of exciting Breast Cancer Awareness events. A number of these events include:
· The Breast Cancer Research Foundation: Highest bidder at their online auction on charitybuzz.com Sept. 29 – Oct. 22, 2009 will take home a pink Vespa.
· BreastCancer.org: Win a pink Vespa Vespa by participating in their Fuel the Cure event on Nov. 14, 2009 in Philadelphia, PA.
· Bright Pink: Win a pink Vespa on eBay during the month of October with eBay’s Giving Works
· The Cup with Love: Win a pink Vespa by entering their raffle from Oct. 1 – 31, 2009
· Dr. Susan Love Foundation: Win a pink Vespa by participating in their social media contest titled “How Would You Recruit an Army of Women?” through the first week in November 2009.
· Susan G. Komen: Komen Greater NYC will offer the pink Vespa LX 50 as the top prize in a drawing of 2009. Race registrants who raise a minimum of $250 between Sept. 14 and Oct. 31, 2009.
· My Vision: Make a minimum $100 donation through October for a chance to win the pink Vespa LX 50.
· Nueva Vida: Enter the raffle for a pink Vespa from Sept. 23 through Oct. 31, 2009.
· Prevent Cancer: Sign up for “Screen Your Boobs” alerts through October and participants are automatically entered to win the pink Vespa.
· Young Survival Coalition: Through Nov. 16, 2009 become a fan on the Young Survival Coalition’s Facebook page and you will be entered in the running to win a pink Vespa LX 50.
To follow you will find a number of exciting “pink ribbon” products and items whose purchase contributes to Breast Cancer research and prevention when purchased during the month of October, or in some cases, on an ongoing basis. Check out our categories of breast cancer donation purchases that contribute toward Breast Cancer Awareness, research, and prevention.
From clothing to accessories and more, you can make a difference while changing up your wardrobe or your current look. If you love pink, or if you just love helping out a great cause, consider checking out some pink ribbon clothing, shoes, and accessories for yourself, your family, friends, and loved ones. Your breast cancer donation purchase makes a difference in the effort these companies are making to contribute toward various breast cancer support and research organizations.