Just getting ready to plan your wedding? Congratulations! But before we get too far ahead of ourselves, we’d like to offer you some sage advice. During your wedding planning process, you may hit some bumps in the road, and everything that you always dreamed about your wedding day may not come together as smoothly as you’d like. With that being said, we encourage you to be strong about your heart-set choices and try to be flexible about the options that matter less to you.
Here 10 of the most important wedding expenses you may encounter. Of course, if you are planning an extremely lavish wedding, you may begin to add other items to the list. No matter what, though, these 10 wedding expenses are the foundation of a great wedding event. Consider these expenses individually to help you plan your wedding without a hitch.
1. The Venue – For many brides and grooms, the venue is one of the most important elements of the wedding. If you’ve found one you like, you may even end up planning your wedding date around it. Whatever the case, remember that some wedding venues are more expensive than others. If the venue is your top priority and the fees are astronomical, you may simply have to make some budget cuts in other areas.
2. The Food – One important element that you should pay great care is the food at your wedding. If the food is bad, guests will talk. If the food is great, guests will remember. If the food is mediocre, it will probably just blow over with the rest of the mediocre weddings. Attending a food tasting prior to your wedding is the best way to select your menu.
3. The Alcohol – Unless you are having a dry wedding, or having your wedding in a dry town, alcohol is often a consideration in the planning of your wedding. You may have to select the types of beer, wine, and liquor you’ll be serving. You’ll also need to decide if you are going to have an open bar.
4. The Dress – For many brides, the wedding dress is the top priority. Even though it is a gown to be worn on one day only, the symbolic nature of the wedding gown makes it worthy of being on the list of top 10 most important wedding expenses.
5. The Flowers – From bouquets to church arrangements to centerpieces, the flowers at the wedding are another major consideration. If you plan your wedding around Christmas, you may benefit from the poinsettias that may already dress up the church. Depending on what’s in season and what type of flowers you’ve dream of having at your wedding, you’ll find the prices vary considerably.
6. The Photography (video too) – Many brides and grooms will agree – documenting your wedding properly can be priceless. Wedding photos and even a wedding video can cement your wedding memories for a lifetime.
7. The Invitations (and other stationery) – Your invitations and wedding stationery are essentially the calling card to your wedding. You initially create the theme and feel of your wedding with the invitations and style of stationery items that you choose.
8. The Music – Whether you opt for a DJ or a band, music is an important element of your wedding as far as the atmosphere and the social theme. You may even wish for a string quartet during your wedding ceremony for an especially elegant touch.
9. The Decorations – Decorations at your wedding further flesh out the theme of the event. You can go easy on the decorations for a natural look and feel, or kick things up a notch with ice sculptures and other fancy wedding decorations.
10. The Transportation – From a charismatic trolley to a timeless limo or a horse-drawn carriage, the transportation for your wedding is both functional and memorable. You might also consider arranging a shuttle for your guests to get to and from their hotel.
Remember, these are just 10 of the top wedding expenses you’ll want to consider when planning your wedding. Countless other expenses could come up depending on the scope of the wedding of your dreams and the wedding budget you’ve set. Take your time in planning and establish a budget to help you plan for all the expenses that mean the most to you. Your wedding is sure to be unforgettable.