When did daily life become so hard? Between jobs or school, household chores, typical errands, raising a family, and maintaining general sanity, days are packed to the gills with more than even Wonder Woman could handle! Here are 20 tips to reduce and relieve stress in your daily life. There’s no time like the springtime to start busting your stress!
To combat all those days brimming with things to do, people to see and places to be, I’ve come up with a list of fun, relaxing and enjoyable things to defeat the stressors in your life this spring. Check them out and see if any of these stress-busters might give you the peace of mind and solace your life is missing.
1. Put on comfy clothes and snuggle up with a good book.
2. And some chocolates.
3. And a cup of tea with some cookies.
4. Take a bubble bath.
5. Give yourself a nice pedicure to pamper yourself AND get your toes in shape for sandals.
6. Determine a maximum amount of money that you are “allowed” to spend and go shopping for new shoes. And a purse. And clothes…
7. Stop and smell the roses.
8. Make some popcorn and watch a movie.
9. Enjoy a candlelit dinner.
10. Listen to soft, soothing music.
11. Or, if you really need to get out some frustration, listen to rock and roll or hard core music.
12. Play an instrument – especially guitar, if you know how.
13. Ask someone else to play for you if you don’t know how.
14. Take an entire night to yourself, to be completely worthless. Order take-out, walk around in your jammies and just enjoy having nothing to do.
15. Exercise! Go for a run, walk, jog, bike ride or other athletic activity. Get some friends together and play tennis or golf, have a catch or do something new and exciting in the world of sports.
16. Go on a boat ride. Canoe, sailboat, yacht, kayak – it matters not the kind of boat but that you have a nice, relaxing time on the water.
17. Take a nap or go to bed early. No lie – if you are feeling completely zonked from a tough week, your body will love you for it.
18. Make some “comfort food.” Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, pies…anything sweet and scrumptious is fair game!
19. Get together with your girlfriends and commiserate. When you all share your dilemmas and get the frustration out in the open, it’s a pretty sure thing that you’ll be feeling better in no time.
20. Go on a vacation. Whether you leave for a week or you take a five-minute mental vacation, sometimes an escape from reality is all it really takes to re-energize and rejuvenate yourself.
Reducing and relieving stress should be a vital part of your week. Remember to take time for yourself whenever possible. No matter what types of activities – or lack thereof – refuel you and rejuvenate you after a tough workday or workweek, remember that relaxation is only a good night’s sleep away.