Earth Day is here! That happened fast this year – after that long winter, now is a great time to be outside and make our own yards and surrounding areas more beautiful. Earth Day is also a good time to reflect on our environment and do what we can to preserve it and keep it healthy for our kids, their kids, and generations to come. If you have a spare moment today, try to participate in one or more of the following tips for a happy Earth Day.
Earth Day comes just once a year, but we should be mindful of the environment and keeping our Earth healthy all year long. Consider these tips to be a bigger part of Earth Day today and every day.
– Carpool or walk to your destination (if safe) when possible. You can also take public transportation to reduce emissions into the environment.
– Plant a tree! This is something simple anyone can do! If you live in an apartment or just don’t have the yard space, consider planting seeds of some kind instead – herbs, vegetables, or flowers are a great pick!
– Try a new brand of organic or natural beauty products. You can help the environment AND protect yourself and your skin from harmful chemicals.
– Reduce your electricity consumption. Consider avoiding use of the air conditioner or the heater, depending on the weather today.
– Find out what your local municipality accepts for recycling. Make sure you are doing all that you can do to avoid filling up our world’s landfills. Some towns allow you to recycle cardboard and even styrofoam!
– Make an effort to conserve water. Take a shorter shower today and make a conscious decision to use less water for things like washing your car, watering your lawn, etc. all throughout the year.
These are just a few examples of ways you can recognize and be a part of Earth Day today and all year long. Have a Happy Earth Day!