Sometimes various factors get in the way of seeing your family for the holidays. Whether it’s your spouse’s parents’ turn to host the holidays or if you’re traveling and won’t be able to make a visit, it’s always a good idea to have a backup plan for what to do if you can’t or won’t see your mom for Mother’s Day.
You can still find special ways to show you care even if you won’t be there in person to celebrate. Consider these tips to help you figure out what to do if you won’t see your mom for Mother’s Day.
• Send a Mother’s Day card.
• Send Mother’s Day flowers.
• Call your mom on Mom’s Day.
• Send a Mother’s Day present in the mail.
• Send some recent photos in the mail.
• Make a video for your mom and send it to her.
• Try to get one of your siblings to visit so your mom has someone there.
• Plan an alternate visit to celebrate another time.
• Meet for a meal before or after Mother’s Day.
• Make sure you are there for your mom next year!
These are just a few examples of things you can do when you won’t see your mom on Mother’s Day. Consider trying one of more of these or come up with your own idea for what to do for your mom when you won’t see her on her special day.
While the best case scenario is always to see your mom on Mother’s Day, you may not be able to make it happen every time. If you can’t or won’t see your mom for Mother’s Day, try to make Mom’s Day special despite your absence. Even if things don’t go as well as you would like, you can always make it up to your mom by planning a special Mother’s Day next year.