Prom is one of those special events that girls often anticipate for years before it finally gets here. When prom time finally rolls around, it’s important to have most if not all of the special details in place – the prom gown, shoes, purse, hairstyle, makeup, manicure, pedicure, and more. Another element of prom may not be the first thing on your mind, but it is still important. What are you planning to do after the last dance?
Once you have settled all of your dress and accessory concerns for prom, it’s time to start thinking about what you would like to do when prom is over. How would you like to spend the rest of your prom night? Consider these tips for a few PG-13 things you can do after prom.
1. Go to your school’s post-prom party (if applicable). Many high schools plan a post-prom celebration for students who attended the prom, featuring lots of food and activities to enjoy. It’s often a big party of sorts with a focus on fun without drinking alcohol.
2. Visit a diner for a yummy milkshake, ice cream, or dessert of some kind. Many 24-hour diners and restaurants make great post-prom destinations for a sweet snack.
3. Sleep over at a friend’s house. Play games, watch movies, and enjoy snacks. Cherish these times because graduation often comes too soon!
4. Head down to the beach and stay at a condo, cottage, or hotel. Enjoy the rest of the weekend on the beach, at the boardwalk, and maybe even playing miniature golf.
5. Go to a late-night bowling alley. Imagine the fun of bowling in your prom dress!
6. Catch a late-night movie, complete with candy. Go with friends or just your date.
7. Make your own virgin daquiris, margaritas, and pina coladas with friends. You might also be able to find great virgin frozen drinks at a restaurant that stays open late.
8. Watch the stars with your date and enjoy each other’s company. Prom can be such a special time for existing couples and new romances alike. Enjoy your time together!
These are just a few ideas of fun things you can do after your junior or senior prom is over. Talk to your friends and parents to come up with other fun and exciting things you can do on prom night once the dance portion is done. No matter what you decide, have fun and be careful to avoid any potential drunk drivers on the roads. Take lots of pictures and enjoy your special time with friends and your date.