Purses come in all shapes and sizes, colors, patterns, and styles. There’s a purse for every outfit, for every pair of shoes, and for every price point. No matter what your budget, no matter what the occasion, you can be sure there’s a perfect pocketbook just waiting for you in a department store, at an outlet mall, or at an online boutique. Of course the first challenge is limiting your urge to buy all the purses you love. The second challenge is keeping your purse clean, organized, and clutter-free.
If you’re like many women, you’ve switched purses at a moment’s notice to better coordinate with the day’s outfit, grabbing only the essentials – wallet, cell phone, car keys, gum or mints, and maybe a pen and some ChapStick. What happens to the half-emptied purse is anyone’s guess until the next time you want to use that one. In the meantime, your current purse is likely to fill up with crap that you really don’t need to stash in your handbag. It’s a brutal, vicious cycle, but luckily you can do something about it.
If you want to have an easier time finding things in your purse, like your preferred shoppers card or your ringing cell phone, organization is the key to success. It won’t take you long to get into a good swing of things if you follow a few simple tips for a cleaner, more organized, de-cluttered purse. Consider these tips for de-cluttering your purse.
1. Carry only the essentials. That means wallet, phone, gum or mints, your can’t-live-without-it makeup, a pen and a small tablet if you must, and maybe your checkbook if you really need it. If you don’t use it every single day, you most likely don’t need to lug it around every single day. Old habits die hard, but you should be able to at least reduce the amount of stuff you carry around even if you can’t stop completely.
2. Find a better way to organize your store rewards cards and gift cards. The Card Cache is a handy purse gadget every girl should have. It’s a very simple and organized way to keep all your gift cards, preferred shopper cards, and even a mini Sharpie, all organized and ready for action in your purse. This stylish gadget simply unscrews so you can add each new card as available. Punch holes in your gift cards and preferred shopper cards and then you can attach them simply by threading the Card Cache’s wire through each card. No more rustling through your wallet and your entire purse looking for those lost gift cards – nope. You can find everything right where you last left it, securely fastened to The Card Cache. For more information, please see: www.thecardcache.com.
3. Stop putting your receipts loose in your purse! If you are the type of person who likes to save all copies of receipts (like me), then get yourself a little coin pouch where you can fold the receipts and stash them neatly inside your purse. Once the pouch is full, you need to empty it into a larger container in your home where you will store all your receipts. Do not – I repeat – do not simply stuff more receipts into your purse haphazardly. If you can discipline yourself to keep all your receipts together in one place, it will greatly simplify your clutter issues at home and in your pocketbook.
4. Keep candy, cough drops, or other tiny things in a zipper bag. If you can keep the contents of your purse organized, you will have a much easier time finding things right when you need them.
5. Empty bags completely when you switch purses. If you are changing from one handbag to the next, don’t leave the inside of the first all cluttered up. Do your best to fully empty the first bag and only put into the second bag what you actually need.
Try these purse organization tips to keep your pocketbooks cleaner, free from clutter, and looking lovely even longer. Remember these are just a few suggestions for a more organized pocketbook. You can surely find other ways to de-clutter your purse.