If you are looking for fall vacation ideas that won’t break the bank, you can find a lot of fun places to visit during the gorgeous autumn season. Depending on how far you would like to travel, you can find fall vacation spots near and far, some perfect for a day trip or even just a few hours, others suitable for a long weekend getaway or a longer autumn vacation. Consider these suggestions and ideas for fall getaways for couples, families, and friends.
As you plan your fall getaway, keep a few things in mind to ensure a successful trip. If you are a big baseball fan, remember to check the schedule for the playoffs and World Series to ensure you don’t miss your favorite team at bat. If you are a big fan of Halloween, you can find countless spooky places to visit with your sweetheart, your friends, or the whole family. If you just want a romantic fall getaway to ease you away from stress, you can find hundreds of bed and breakfasts and dozens of places to check out the fall foliage.
Top 10 Fall Getaway Travel Ideas for Couples, Families, and Friends
Consider these 10 fall travel ideas for couples and groups of any age:
1. Halloween Adventure – You can find countless Halloween attractions, festivals, and even theme parks to enjoy a good scare.
2. Fall Foliage Tour – The beauty of the changing colors is perfect for couples on a romantic weekend, but can also be fun for friends and family – just be sure to mix in some hiking, biking, or even boat tours through the changing colors.
3. Cruise through New England – A cruise through New England or even Nova Scotia can be a great fall getaway for couples, family, or friends. Take lots of pictures, enjoy some great food, and relax to your heart’s content.
4. Apple Picking – Depending on the location of the nearest orchard, you might enjoy an apple picking excursion as a day trip or part of a fall weekend getaway with your sweetheart or your family. Be sure to throw in a hayride if you can!
5. Pumpkin Patch Tours – What’s the fall season without a visit to the pumpkin patch?! Wander through the corn maze and pick out a pumpkin to turn into the perfect jack-o-lantern when you get home.
6. Fall Festivals – Did you know there are a bunch of food and wine festivals to enjoy in the autumn season? You can also attend Halloween themed festivities. If traveling with a significant other or friends, you might check out the food and wine festival in the Orlando area.
7. Niagara Falls Excursion – What better place to go for gorgeous fall scenery than Niagara Falls? There’s plenty to do for the whole family or even just a couple who wants to enjoy some romance. Check out the local cuisine, shopping, wine, and attractions. Don’t miss the falls or the fall colors.
8. Southern Getaway – If it’s getting a bit too cold in the late fall where you live, travel south for a warmer fall getaway. You can enjoy the southern USA or a trip into the Caribbean or beyond. This may be higher on the budget scale but it’s bound to be worth it! Just watch out for the hurricane season.
9. Lahaina, HI Halloween Experience – Have fun at the Mardi Gras of the Hawaiian Islands! On the island of Maui, you can visit the shore town of Lahaina on Halloween to enjoy a festive costume parade you will never forget. The whole town basically shuts down for the day so costumed guests can masquerade through the streets, bars, and shops.
10. Camping / Hiking Getaway – For a more low key fall getaway for family, couples, or friends, consider a simple camping and hiking getaway not far from your home. You can enjoy the perfect weather and the great outdoors at the same time. Hopefully you can coordinate with the turning of the leaves.
These are just a few suggestions for a lovely fall vacation for romance, adventure, or relaxation. You can expand your horizons to include fall winery tours, stays at bed and breakfasts, or even the ultimate Disney World vacation. The overall experience you create for your fall travel getaway depends mainly on the amount of time you want to get away and the budget you’ve set. If you have kids but you still want to experience a romantic couples getaway in the fall, you can plan separate fall weekend getaways, some with the kids and some without, or if your budget permits, you can invite your babysitter along on the trip.
No matter what you decide to do for a beautiful autumn getaway, make sure you bring your camera, enjoy some fresh air, and share that special time with your loved ones and friends. Plan a fall getaway each year to enjoy the changing colors and the perfect Indian summer weather.