Today’s mother of the bride dresses are anything but matronly! They come in countless colors and styles, but you’ve also got other mother of the bride wear to consider, like pants suits, suits, slacks, and skirts. In most traditional weddings, mother of the bride gowns or dresses seem to be the preferred attire, but more and more modern moms are moving toward suits, pants suits, and other mom of the bride outfits.
Mother of the bride clothes have come a long way since our parents’ weddings. The wide array of apparel choices for the bride’s mom range from casual to dressy casual to formal and of course, black-tie worthy. Fashion designers know not everyone is comfortable in a dress, so modern moms can find countless styles of mother of the bride pants suits and other outfits without the super dressy look and feel.
Tips for Choosing Your Mother of the Bride Dress or Outfit
If you are looking for mother of the bride dresses, suits, or outfits, consider these tips and trends for the important weddings in your life.
• Traditionally, the mother of the bride chooses her dress or at least the color of the dress before the mother of the groom. This may not be practiced as widely today, but it’s a general tip of wedding etiquette.
• Visit more than one bridal boutique so you can scope out all the latest trends and styles of mother of the bride outfits.
• Consider the colors of the wedding party, flowers, decorations, and the wedding theme. Find a color in the happy medium where you don’t blend in and you don’t stand out. Your gown should complement the wedding party and wedding colors.
• If you need to find a plus size mother of the bride dress or outfit, don’t fret. Countless boutiques and even department stores offer a wide variety of fashions for curvy women.
• Consider mother of the bride suits and pants suits if you are not comfortable with the dresses and gowns available for bride’s mom.
• If you prefer the style of mother of the bride wedding dresses where the gown is strapless or has only thing spaghetti straps, consider getting a matching shawl or jacket to keep your shoulders covered as needed.
• After your daughter has found her wedding dress, consider asking her if she would like to go shopping with you to check out mother of the bride dresses. You can ensure her stamp of approval on your dress or outfit if she’s there shopping with you.
Trends for Mother of the Bride Dresses
Since 50 is the new 30, today’s mother of the bride dresses and outfits are looking a lot younger and more stylish than the MOB (mother of the bride) dresses of old. You can expect to see more bright and bold colors, sexier lines and cuts, and fashionable jackets that look great on or off.
Consider these mother of the bride dress trends to help you decide what kind of gown to get for your daughter’s wedding.
New Appropriate Lengths for MOB Dresses
Depending on the formality of the wedding, you don’t have to settle for a floor-length gown. You can find countless stylish mom of the bride dresses in cocktail length, knee-length, and of course the ever popular tea length mother of the bride dresses.
Hot Colors for MOB Dresses
Today’s moms are often opting for brighter and bolder shades when it comes to choosing mother of the bride dresses. Designer mother of the bride dresses as well as even cheap mother of the bride dresses give moms an option of countless colors like eggplant, slate blue, pink, champagne, and silver, to name a few. Consider jewel tones, earth tones, pastels, metallics – it all depends on what the wedding theme and wedding party colors are going to be.
Popular Styles of MOB Dresses
As earlier stated, the popular styles of the mother of the bride dresses now include sexier cuts, romantic and feminine tiered skirts, and various fabrics that give a contemporary feel. More mature mothers of the bride and grandmothers of the bride may appreciate two-piece suits or some of the more conservative mother of the bride dresses.
Designer Rina di Montella features many close-fitting gowns for mother of the bride, including a number of mermaid style gowns, strapless mother of the bride gowns, and even a few strappy or halter style gowns in a variety of blues, greens, and earth tones. Tiers and lace truly are popular themes for mothers of the bride this year.
You can find dresses for the mother of the bride in so many different color and style combinations. Be sure to visit the boutiques and department stores where you can try on the dresses before you commit to buying them. Consider designer mother of the bride dresses if you can afford them – brands like Alfred Angelo offer a lot of options for everyone in the wedding party. Most of all, have fun choosing your dress for this very special occasion!