A romantic weekend in northeast United States could be just what you need to recharge your batteries and reignite the passion in your relationship. You can plan a romantic weekend in the northeast with little notice and even a relatively small budget. Depending on the time of year, you can find a lot of different things to do on your romantic weekend getaway. Consider these suggestions to help you plan an unforgettable escape with your sweetheart in the northeast.
Some of the most romantic weekend getaways are the spontaneous ones that just happen on a whim. Don’t be afraid to try a new destination, a bed & breakfast, or a new weekend activity. You’ll be sure to make a ton of wonderful memories no matter what you decide to do for your romantic weekend in the northeast United States or Canada.
Top Destinations for a Romantic Weekend in the Northeast
Check out these ideas for a romantic weekend in the northeastern part of the country.
1. Niagara Falls, NY or Canada
2. New York City, NY
3. Philadelphia, PA
4. Boston, MA
5. Cape Cod, MA
6. Cape May, NJ
7. New England
8. Nova Scotia, Canada
9. New York’s Finger Lakes
10. Martha’s Vineyard, MA
Top Fall Ideas for a Romantic Weekend in the Northeast
Consider these northern East Coast weekend getaways for couples seeking a little romance in the autumn season.
1. Take a cruise through New England area or Nova Scotia during fall foliage.
2. Visit Boston and soak up the history and the beautiful fall colors.
3. Catch a ghost tour in Gettysburg, PA.
4. Visit wineries of New York’s Finger Lakes or any of the other amazing wine trails along the northern East Coast.
Top Winter Ideas for a Romantic Weekend in the Northeast
Once it starts to get cold, you might not want to venture outside too much, unless you enjoy the snow and the cold temperatures. Consider these ideas for fun and romantic East Coast weekend getaways in the northern USA and Canada.
1. Visit Killington, VT for a ski trip of a lifetime.
2. Hide away at a bed & breakfast or resort in the Poconos, like Pennsylvania’s Skytop Lodge.
3. Travel up to Boston to watch a hockey game.
4. Visit New York City for the ultimate romantic weekend in the northeast.
Top Spring Ideas for a Romantic Weekend in the Northeast
For many people, springtime is a time of new beginnings, fresh starts, and exciting adventures to come. If you have an East Coast weekend getaway in mind for spring in the northern states or Canada, consider these ideas.
1. Check out the beautiful botanical Longwood Gardens, not far from Philadelphia.
2. Renew your body, mind, and spirit with a spa getaway at a top resort like Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires.
3. If you both enjoy it, plan a golf weekend at a resort like the picturesque Turning Stone Resort and Casino.
Top Summer Ideas for a Romantic Weekend in the Northeast
Summertime lends itself to all kinds of activities and a wide variety of romantic weekend plans in the northeast or anywhere. Consider these ideas for a relaxing and romantic weekend away or come up with your own fun ideas on the upper East Coast.
1. Spend time at the beautiful beaches of Martha’s Vineyard, an island off the coast of Cape Cod, MA.
2. Take in the pristine beauty of the Adirondack Park in upstate New York.
3. Enjoy a weekend at the shore in Cape May, NJ, and even consider tossing in a fishing line or two.
In addition to these suggestions, you and your sweetheart can enjoy so many other kinds of getaways together. Consider camping, hiking or biking, and wine excursions, to name a few. Plan your northeastern romantic getaway with your own special interests in mind and you are sure to have the experience of a lifetime.