From food and candy to spooky decorations and festive music, you should take a couple days or at least a couple hours to get your plans in place. Make a grocery list, pick out your decorations, and put together a music mix of all the spooky music you can find. Consider these other suggestions to help you plan your Halloween party.
Halloween Party Food Ideas
• Witch’s Brew – You can make a fun and festive witch’s brew as a soup or a punch drink. Be sure you have some kind of fun caldron for your witch’s brew!
• Pumpkin Pie – How festive for Halloween! Don’t forget the pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, or pumpkin muffins, depending on your preference.
• Halloween Cupcakes, Brownies, and Cookies – Part of the fun of making Halloween themed food is doing the decorating. Make cutout cookies shaped like bats, cats, pumpkins, coffins, or whatever fun cookie cutter shapes you have. Decorate your cupcakes and brownies with colored icing and make them into fun designs like headstones, witch’s hats, black cats, vampires, ghosts, and other fun but spooky Halloween designs.
• Main Courses – As you plan your main courses, consider dishes that feed a crowd well, like baked ziti, meatballs, hoagies, chicken tenders, and pizza. You can make up creative names if you like or you can simply feed your guests like at a normal party.
• Candy – What would a Halloween party be without candy! Be sure to set out a variety of treats for your guests and any trick-or-treaters that might come knocking.
Halloween Party Decorations for a Spooky Atmosphere
Consider these additional ideas for Halloween party decorations:
- Painted pumpkins
- Indian corn
- Orange and black balloons
In addition to setting up your Halloween decorations, you should be sure to have a party soundtrack for your Halloween festivities. Consider adding fun songs like the Monster Mash, retro songs like Michael Jackson’s Thriller, and classic scary movie songs like the Ghostbusters theme. Try to come up with at least 20 songs to fill a CD or create an iPod playlist. If you can keep going, add as many songs as you can!
Halloween Party Games
For some fun Halloween games, you can try any of the following:
• Bobbing for Apples
• Contest for the Best Costume
• Mummy Making (Wrap a guest in toilet paper as quickly as you can to be the first one done.)
You can also make up your own fun Halloween party games. If you know any other suggestions for Halloween party food, decorating tips, or party games, please share in the comments section for the benefit of all our readers!