When the New Year rolls around, many people start to think about their vacations for the year. During the colder months of the year, travel destinations may lean towards warm and tropical locations, sunny beaches, and cruises full of sun-soaked things to do. No matter if you want to travel with your sweetheart, your family, or a group of friends in the New Year, consider these vacation travel destinations for 2011.
Top 10 Vacation Destinations for 2011
Consider these travel destination ideas for vacationing with your sweetheart, family, or friends this year:
1. Take a cruise. Plan ahead for a good deal and be sure to enjoy the many activities and food options offered to your group.
2. Go on a road trip. Find a place you would like to visit within six or eight hours of your home and hit the road.
3. Make arrangements to go to Disney. This trip would work best with a group of friends, a family trip with kids who are old enough to remember the experience, or even as a romantic getaway for two.
4. Choose a mountain retreat. Whether you plan a ski trip or an exclusive getaway away from civilization, take your travel companions and enjoy some fresh mountain air.
5. Plan a camping trip. You might not have to spend much, but you can really cash in on making a ton of memories!
6. Hide away at an all-inclusive resort. If you can afford to sneak away for a long weekend or a full week, an all-inclusive vacation helps you get the most for your money and your time.
7. Spend some time at a lakeside resort. You can enjoy water sports, fishing, boating, and more. Take the family vacation or enjoy a secluded romantic lakeside getaway.
8. Check out some national landmarks. You can have a great time soaking up the nation’s history and natural wonders. Don’t forget your camera for this memorable vacation.
9. See what there is to see in Canada. You can enjoy Niagara Falls or Nova Scotia or countless other amazing destinations across the Canadian border.
10. Consider a European or Asian vacation destination if your finances allow it. You might need to save your money for a while, but the vacation you take to another country will be well worth it!
These are our top 10 travel destination ideas for 2011, no matter if you are traveling with significant other, family, or friends. We hope one of these destinations offers you the perfect getaway. If you have other ideas, please share them in our comments!