Traveling for Valentine’s Day can be a special and memorable way to celebrate the holiday with the one you love. You can plan a long weekend for Valentine’s Day or even a full week away or longer. The most important thing in planning your romantic Valentine’s getaway is to choose a nice destination that you and your sweetheart will both enjoy.
Before you start planning your Valentine’s Day getaway, be sure you have a budget in mind. You don’t want to break the bank, but it will be good to have an idea of how much you can comfortably spend. Consider these romantic travel destinations for Valentine’s Day.
• Wine Country in California – Check out Napa Valley or Sonoma Valley for an unforgettable week or weekend of tasting wine, touring, and enjoying the gorgeous scenery.
• Florida’s sunny beaches – Whether you enjoy golf or sunbathing, you can have a great time relaxing and soaking up the sunshine in Florida. Stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando Celebration or one of the many other vacation resorts. Be sure you check out the sand, the surf, and the delightful activities that await in one of America’s favorite vacation hotspots!
• A Caribbean cruise – For a memorable and unique Valentine’s vacation, plan a romantic cruise where you can enjoy countless activities, excursions, and cuisine options.
• A ski trip in Colorado or Vermont – If you and your sweetheart are the athletic or outdoorsy type, consider a ski trip or other athletic themed getaway for Valentine’s Day weekend.
• Hawaiian escape – If price is no object, a trip to Hawaii could be the perfect escape in February. Time to dream of palm trees, tropical drinks, and relaxing on the beach!
These are just a few options to help you plan a Valentine’s getaway. You might also be able to find something closer to home for a long weekend, like a bed and breakfast or couples resort. Please feel free to share any other ideas you have for romantic couples travel in our comments section!