The New Year brings with it many desires of what we’d like to change in life. From our lifestyles to our appearance and everything in between, the start of the New Year is a great time to capitalize on this newfound motivation and inspiration. If you are looking for a way to change your appearance in the New Year, consider these 10 ways to take the plunge.
1. Get a more daring haircut that gives you a new style. Picking out and getting a new haircut is one of the first things many women do in the New Year. And what better time to try a new cut and style? Get a new look the most basic way with a great new hairstyle you’ll love to show off.
2. Try a new hair color if you are looking for a bigger change. You can also try basic highlights for a less drastic change. New hair colors are a great way to change the way you look and feel, whether for the New Year, a midlife change, or after the end of a phase in life, such as after a divorce or breakup.
3. If you want less of a change, find five new hairstyles you can do yourself and work them into your routine. Practice until you are happy with the results and don’t forget to consider adding some new hair accessories to your collection, too.
4. Pick out some new makeup that is different from what you already own. Choose colored eyeliners or darker ones, pick new hues of eye shadow, and change up your lip color from time to time. New makeup is a simple and relatively inexpensive way to change up your look for a New Year.
5. Ditch some of your older clothes for new fashions to give you confidence and style. Out with the old, in with the new. Make room for some new clothes for both work and play by donating your worn clothing to a charity like Purple Heart or Goodwill, and then you’ll feel less guilty when picking out your new wardrobe.
6. Get manicures once or twice a month or do your own nails at home. This can become costly if you go to the salon all the time, so don’t be afraid to experiment on your own manicures, pedicures, and even French manicures at home.
7. Get a new pair of glasses or switch to contacts. Even if you have 20/20 vision, you can even try a pair of glasses with regular lenses just to make a fashion statement. For a bigger change, consider trying a pair of colored contact lenses. They’ll be a bit pricey but you might enjoy peeping a different color for a few months or even the year.
8. Get longer eyelashes. Consider eyelash extensions or very simply, a better mascara product to give you longer, more noticeable lashes.
9. Try teeth whitening products to give you a brighter smile. Rembrandt and Crest both offer great at-home teeth whitening options, among other brands. You can also consider professional whitening services if needed or desired.
10. Don’t sweat the small stuff – less stress in your life can really impact your appearance. Get your vibrancy back by letting go of the things you cannot change. Try not to obsess over things unless you absolutely must. Why do you think they call them “worry lines”?