No matter what your age, earrings are a hot accessory to spice up any outfit. Once you determine what colors and materials (metals, stones, shells, etc.) you prefer in earrings, you can begin to consider other factors, like the level of formality and of course, the price point. You may also want to consider which earrings would be best based on your face shape. This article provides tips and examples of the best earrings for different face shapes, so read on to find out what styles would best complement yours!
Michelle Ponto, a representative for B2C Jewels, shares the following tips on how to choose the best earrings for your face shape. No matter what shape your face is, you are sure to find a style of earrings that will look great.
“Accessories are a great way to update your look at an older age – and the right pieces can go a long way in enhancing your appearance as well,” Ponto says. “Here with some tips for choosing the right jewelry for your shape and frame.”
The Best Earrings for Your Face Shape
To choose the best earrings for your face shape, consider your own fashion and style preferences, choice of metal and adornments, and your budget. Also, check out the following suggestions for your face shape, whether it’s oval, square, heart-shaped, or round.
As with consideration for haircuts, the oval face is the proverbial lottery winner. Shapes, sizes, styles, textures, lengths, and widths of earrings for the oval face may not weigh in as much as with other face shapes.
“You can wear most earrings – oval faces are well-proportioned,” Ponto says. “Studs and mid-length dangly earrings will show off your proportions; long earrings might make you look too elongated.”
A few examples of some great earrings for an oval face include:
• 14K White Gold Round Cut Diamond Studs are truly a staple – they look great with any outfit, for any occasion.
• Various Yellow Gold or White Gold Diamond Studs offer a chance to show off your preference in cut and the color of the gold settings.
• 14K Yellow Gold Akoya Pearl Studs are a classy and classic look for women.
• Sterling Silver Celtic Knot Blue Topaz Dangle Earrings weave their way intricately to a grand finale blue topaz stone.
• Pink Shell Mother of Pearl Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings feature beautiful shell inlays in a sterling silver, feather shaped earring.
As you prepare to choose the best earrings for a square face, think about shapes that would contrast with a square shape. Look for earrings with soft curves and gentle bends.
“Soften the face’s angles with round silhouettes,” Ponto suggests. “Create the illusion of length with earrings that have a slight drop.”
Some examples of earrings that look beautiful with a square face include:
• Add some texture with 14K Yellow Gold Genuine Garnet and Serpentine Earrings, which feature clean cuts and contrast in shapes and angles.
• Brown Dyed Mother of Pearl Nugget Earrings offer a slightly off-the-beaten-path look to any outfit for day or night.
• Funky and fun Sterling Silver Murano Glass Bead Earrings can bring some pizzazz to your earring collection.
• Perfect for any outfit, Black Tahitian South Sea Pave CZ Pearl Drop Earrings can also work for business, casual, or formal events.
• Blomdahl Opal Drop Earrings offer the ultimate elegance for fancy occasions.
The heart-shaped face is wider at the top, tapering down to the chin. You can choose the best earrings for a heart-shaped face by considering an inverted shape for your earrings.
“Dangly earrings that are wider at the bottom will add volume to the bottom of your face,” Ponto states. “Triangle-like shapes will work well to balance out a pointy chin.”
A few examples of lovely earrings for a heart-shaped face include:
• 14K Two-Tone Gold Designer Earrings bring movement and gentle motion to the equation.
• For any occasion, consider Earspiral™ “Paisley” with Celtic Knot Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings. Their elegant curves and twists provide a beautiful design for heart-shaped faces.
• Sterling Silver Open Double Flower Earrings offer a clean look of perfect symmetry. Dress up or dress down with a design that looks great with your face shape.
• Want earrings with a little more personality? Check out Blue Moon Merlyn’s Window Earrings for a fresh style blending curves and curls.
• Sterling Silver Celtic Square Earrings offer a lovely union of culture and style, boasting a wider shape at the bottom for a lovely fit with the heart-shaped face.
To choose the best earrings for a round face, keep shape and length in mind. You can find many attractive earring styles to suit your face shape, giving you a beautiful accent to your favorite outfits or everyday, casual clothing.
“Draw the eye vertically rather than in a circle,” Ponto recommends. “Don’t choose anything too skinny – it’ll emphasize your face’s roundness.”
A few examples of pretty earrings for a round face include:
• 14K Yellow Gold Genuine Citrine Earrings bring the eye to focus on the lovely pendant of sparkling stones.
• Sterling Silver Celtic Design Oval Earrings offer a fancy or sedate look for any outing. The twisty design provides fine symmetry and a nice flow for the eyes.
• For fancy occasions and elegant attire, the 10K White Gold Black Diamond Infinity Earrings make a beautiful statement, especially for those with rounder faces.
• 14K Gold Filled Peridot Dangle Earrings deliver an earring style that is both fashionable and functional. This design could work nicely with a variety of wardrobe selections.
• A slightly abstract beauty, the Clearly Charming Sterling Silver Mother of Pearl Bar Earrings feature multi-colored mother of pearl shell inlays on sterling silver earrings in a flower-type pattern.
We hope this guide to choosing the best earrings for your face shape truly does help you to find and select some earrings to accent your wardrobe and accessorize your look. Remember, sometimes looking great really is in the details!